Help With Point Levels?

Hey, I was wondering if it’s possible to do point levels with a range of points.

This is what I KNOW how to do:
(CHARACTER < 3)
(CHARACTER > 3)
(CHARACTER = 3)

This is what I’m WONDERING if I can do:
(CHARACTER = 0-3)

Will that actually work? I put it in my script, and there weren’t any script errors, but when testing it I don’t ever get those levels.

I have the narrator telling the reader what level they are at the end, and I always get “enemies” or “soulmates” which are both < or > codes. I don’t think that based on the choices I made, I’m getting the right answer. So am I just wrong or is it not possible and that’s why it’s not working? Thanks for anyone who helps, I know I ramble and talk too much and half the time people don’t understand me oops.

My Script

if (PHILLIPRELATIONSHIP > 0) {
NARRATOR
You and Phillip are enemies!
} elif (PHILLIPRELATIONSHIP = 0) {
NARRATOR
You and Phillip have no relationship.
} elif (PHILLIPRELATIONSHIP = 1-5) {
NARRATOR
You and Phillip are acquaintances.
} elif (PHILLIPRELATIONSHIP = 6-10) {
NARRATOR
You and Phillip are friends!
} elif (PHILLIPRELATIONSHIP = 11-15) {
NARRATOR
You and Phillip are lovebirds!
} else {
NARRATOR
You and Phillip are |color:salmon| practically soulmates!!
goto label points_check

As far as I know, ranges of points wouldn’t work in the script. I think you would have to write out each point level separately, even if they result in the same lines being shown after.

I’m not completely sure, but I think you might be able to do (CHARACTER >-1 AND CHARACTER <4)

even if it would work which I think it will not, the way you have it everybody with more than 0 points will end up as enemies on the first condition… shouldnt it be “less” then 0 instead?

the script reads the conditions from above and will go to the first condition that fits.

Therefore you can have conditions

< 0
= 0
< 6
<11
<16
else

and it will do what you want

Thanks! I totally blanked on which < or > sign was which

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.