Help with rear animations

Hi - I’m having an issue with walking and rear animations. I want to use a rear walking animation for my character and then have them do a rear facing idle animation. The idle animation seems to face the correct way but it doesn’t seem to matter if I put ‘faces left/faces right’ for the walking animation, she just faces the wrong way. I’ve tried to have her enter from both sides and it does the same thing. I have taken a break from coding for a while so I’ve forgotten how to fix silly things like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’ve attached the section of the script below so if anything is wrong you can let me know. Thanks :slight_smile:
SCRIPT:

INT. OFFICE DOOR SHUT
&cut to zone 1
&zoom on 378 187 to 218% in 0
&BEAU spot 0.445 169 296 in zone 1 at layer 0 AND BEAU faces left
&VALENTINA stands right in zone 2
@overlay OFFICE DOOR OPEN create
@overlay OFFICE DOOR OPEN opacity 0

&transition fade in in 0.6
@BEAU faces left and BEAU walks to spot 0.445 289 295 in zone 1 in 1 AND BEAU does it while walk_neutral_rear THEN BEAU faces right AND BEAU starts idle_handsonhips_loop_rear

Try this?

I think you need to break up the script a bit because it’s having trouble reading the and commands as they are contradictory.

I’d try this:
@BEAU walks to spot 0.445 289 295 in zone 1 in 1 AND BEAU faces left AND BEAU does it while walk_neutral_rear

@BEAU starts idle_handsonhips_loop_rear AND BEAU faces right

Thanks! As soon as I get to my laptop tomorrow I’ll try it out and let you know.

1 Like

For some reason, there is a specific pattern to follow for spot directing walking. If you want to specify a facing direction, it needs to come after the “walks to” command but before the “does it while”. I would code it as:

@BEAU walks to spot 0.445 289 295 in zone 1 in 1 AND BEAU faces left AND BEAU does it while walk_neutral_rear THEN BEAU faces right AND BEAU starts idle_handsonhips_loop_rear
1 Like

Thank you so much - it worked.

1 Like