- help with story plot and character's background!

i’m writing a story where the characters are bonded by an strange link (they are both named after seasons - winter and autumn, meet once, fall in love but are only able to see each other one year later - at the same time of the year, in the december solstice, when autumn changes to winter - and in the meantime they kinda “disappear” for each other). so, i thought about leaving them family-free, no last names, no mentioning jobs, because i thought that would make the plot more realistic, strengthening that fantasy side. but, on the other hand, maybe this will make the characters too “poor”? i don’t know. need opinions and suggestions

2 Likes

You could give small hints about their personal life, without relaxing too much or going too in depth.

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

That sounds interesting! If you don’t want to go into back stories then you could create occasional flashback scenes to show bits of their past as it relates to the present? Because I think that when the reader is reading about a character, they want to know more about them and leaving their back stories/personal lives untouched might not make it feel personal enough. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

omg! thank you so much! your suggestion gave me such an awesome idea! seriously, thank you! :black_heart:

1 Like

Of course!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.