Help with Story Summary

Hi! I need help with forming a summary for my story that is suitable. I have one, but it is kind of long and I think I would run out of words with it. here it is:
Laureline Jackson is a twenty-seven-year-old editor for a big company in NYC. She likes to think just because she has escaped her old life it won’t come back to her, but little does she know it will. The past Laureline was an amazing police detective who solved every single case that came her way, except one. That one case made her lose it all and quit, creating the Laureline now. It’s been two years since she quit and she is so fed up that she decides to go back to her hometown, where it all started, but she meets someone that changes her life completely.
Basically, I need to shorten it, but not leave out any details. Please help, thanks xxx

1 Like

Exclude the details that aren’t important and can be revealed in the story itself. For example, the age and last name and place (NYC) are unnecessary to get the point out there. The point of the story description isn’t to tell readers that Laureline is an editor.
Try this instead:
Laureline likes to think she escaped her old life, but it does. Being an ex police detective, one case made her lose it and quit. She decides to go back to where it all started, but she meets someone life changing.

1 Like

Ah okay thanks! :grin:
I will use that xx

1 Like

Sometimes, leaving out details is important. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s true, readers can read the story and find it out themselves! x

1 Like

When a particularly life-changing case hits the desk of Police Detective Laureline Jackson, things take a turn for the worse. Losing everything, she decides to run from her past. However, Laureline should know that just because you quit your past, your past doesn’t quit you.

…Or something like that.

3 Likes

Nothing ever stood in the way of Police detective Laureline Jackson, until the one case that cost her everything. 2 years have past since then and editor Laureline finds out you can run from your past, but it will always find you.

4 Likes

:clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5: I love it!

1 Like

awe thanks :slight_smile: I tried I like yours too

2 Likes

OH MY GOD GIRL THIS IS SO AMAZING WHAttttt.

2 Likes

Ahhh yours is also SO. GOOD. Whaaatt the heck.

2 Likes

:pleading_face: Thank you.

1 Like