Help with university system in uk

Hi! So, I am 15 and live in Ukraine. I want to become a lawyer in UK, but I do not understand how it all works. From what I probably got right it is that you need LLB before you get LLM. I need help. Please😊
I want to know:

1. How can international students apply
  2. What level of English do I need and where can I check it
  3. Any good universities
  4. What are kinds (?) of lawyers
    Any information you can give me that will be useful
    Thank you in advance :purple_heart:
1 Like

Hi I can help I live in the UK

1 Like

Please :heart_eyes:

1 Like

What area of the UK are you wanting to go to uni in?

Well, I am not sure. London probably

1 Like

But it is still something I am not sure about

1 Like

I was thinking about defense lawyer

1 Like

This is a table for the top unis in London that do law degrees

1 Like

But he deals with people who have been accused of criminal activity…Ugh I don’t know. I am sorry if I am confusing you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It fine! My uncle is a defense lawyer !

1 Like

What about levels of English? Do universities have a campus, where students live (if yes, is it free and please tell other stuff about it)?

1 Like

Most do have accommodation. It usually costs money or is included in the university fee.

1 Like

For foreign students I think the English level requirements are quite low but then again it depends on the university

2 Likes

Okay. Can you tell me more about degrees and similar things? And what is Hons?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hons means honours degree

1 Like

This is a link to help understand degrees

https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/what-are-the-different-degree-levels/

Thank you :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

If you’re applying though ucas, I’m not sure if you are, they will have a section for international students. If not, when you can go onto the uni website where they will likely have one too.

When you apply, you’ll have to take 2ish English tests that the uni may provide, but there are websites you can also go through

The best unis are russel group ones, like oxford Cambridge, York and Edinburgh. There are also good ones that aren’t in the russsl group.

I don’t really know about this enough

Most will, but it is not free. Some of your accommodation will be covered it a student loan, but you’ll have to make up the rest. You can get a student loan to pay for uni and texts books and things

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.