Helpful Reading - Star's Review Thread

Helpful Reading - Star’s Review Thread

Hey guys! So… I made a review thread in the past but wasn’t very good at keeping up with it. So for this review thread, I’ll give a lighter review and talk about some of the things I think need to be addressed instead of going into a very in-depth review because that wore me out the last time I did it.

I like to read stories and then step back and think before giving a review so usually that meant that I’d have to read the story multiple times to remember it.

But hopefully this time I’ll be able to read all the stories sent to me for a review!

What I need from you:

• Author name on the app
  • Link
  • Description of the story (that you have on the app)
  • Title of the story
  • Genre of the story
  • Cover (If you have one)

Happy writing!

2 Likes

I would love a review! .

Story title - Beyond repair
Author - Giana
Style - ink
Plot- after a tragic accident lola leaves her home town, hoping to find herself again. But she finds someone else instead. Is Lola capable of love or is she broken beyond repair ?
Link. http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4518274726690816
Cover.

1 Like
  • Author name on the app
    Dr.Smile

• Link
    http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6599494218088448

• Description of the story (that you have on the app)
    When Blade Reynolds bumped into a walking target at a bar, he should have been dead for the second time. Third, if you count when he stupidly fell for Cathy.

• Title of the story
    MC: The Bar on 23rd

• Genre of the story
    Action

• Cover (If you have one)

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, Star!
Thank you for creating this thread. I’d love a review. Here are my story details:

Title: Sidereal
Author: aprilish
Genre: Fantasy/Romance
Style: Limelight
Blurb: An unlikely turn of events brings Dahlia from outer space to outside Felix’s window. Join them on their star-crossed journey as they cherish the wonders of being worlds apart.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5063859204587520

The covers~

cover
coverrrrrr%20(1)

Thank you so much! :heartbeat:

I would love review

Author name on the app: Mayah

Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6248660515487744

Description: you are the most rich girl in your country in addition you’re famous but what happens when the Star Necklace uncovers your true identity

Title: The Star Necklace

Genere: Drama

Cover:

Beyond Repair
@Geegtfo

(Keep in mind I’m terrible with names so I’m probably just gonna say MC (main character) or MC’s best friend)

So far, the directing is smooth and flawless! Not only that but everything it timed perfectly! I also think that you use music in all the right places… just everything- flawless. I would recommend using more choices though, like ones that really matter to the plot.

I also love the main character and the backstory, aside for a few things.

• I don’t like how you use the trope of “I’m different from all the other girls” type with the main character. It’s cliche and probably not logical and a turn-off.
  • I don’t like how she is so nervous around him when she first meets him, especially when she’s angry with him. It’s a personal preference for me, but I’d rather see her be angry with him and not at all attracted to him then slowly get to know him.

I don’t like these tropes because they are very cliche, but they will readers if that is what you’re going for. A lot of people like that kind of thing- so if that’s what you’re going for, good job, I’m not a fan of that - but that’s just my opinion, a lot of other people like it.

Beckett- I like how he sees his mistake but I don’t like love interests that make me angry. It’s fine if you’re going to make him like that, but once he goes to her house to make amends I say you should make him a little more nicer because he was the “bad guy” in that situation and you not only want the main character to forgive him but the readers.

The reason I don’t like “dark and brooding” type guys in these stories is that usually they “change” because of the MC or a girl, they never really changed for themselves. If you make this type of story I would reccommend giving Beckett a backstory to explain why he is like this and have him change on his own, maybe MC helps him or makes him realize, but it’d make him seem like an actual person and not just a “dark and brooding” episode guy.

That’s all! Everything else was amazing.

What to get out of this: Hate Beckett, still hasn’t won me over and it’s the third episode (In my opinion the LI (love interest) should win you over before the MC starts dating them or has a thing for them or something)
Like the MC, slightly sterotypical, but I love her character from your backstory.
Love Maxwell.
Like the bestfriend- I don’t know her that well all I really know about her is that she is a student (the student loan thing) and MC’s bestfriend.

Not my type of story but loved the directing!

I would reccomend this to anyone who likes office romances.

1 Like

Thank you ! And actually in episode 6 you get becketts whole back story and the start of why he is the way he is:)

1 Like

And thank you for commenting on my directing I’ve been trying really hard to improve that !

1 Like

The Bar on 23rd
@Dr.Smile07

I’ve watched the first and second episode and almost through the third, but I have enough information to have an opinion (although I will go back and finish the third episode).
First of all- the directing was great! Nothing more to say about that- absolutely amazing!

I liked your writing style, it was very unique and I did like the plot but I do have a few things to say about it.

The only big turnoff was the narration, I liked the style of narration, but I felt like there was too much of it. I loved it in the first episode, because the first episode introduces the characters, but then after that it was too much narration and too much description. It’s the kind of thing that would be amazing on paper, but not in an episode story- in my opinion.
One thing you can do is put in more humor, that’s the kind of thing that goes well with this kind of narration. (in my opinion), or show some important scenes and just use directing to show it and not so much narration. The narration for those important scenes made me a little distracted. It made me think more about the narration and less about the actual scene which lowered the importance of the scene for me.
I didn’t really like the aspect of the gang, but that’s just my personal preference.
I also didn’t really like the cliche being used of the girl being different from all the other girls.

I loved the characters and the details about them- so great job on that! I also loved how we got to see the MC’s anxiety (Yeah I know- I’m terrible with names!

I think you did a great job with the story. It’s not my type of story (I’m not really into gang stories) but I would recommend this.

Thanks for the review! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I’m revamping the story and I’m definitely cutting the narration down. As for the girl being different from other girls it’s not much so to highlight how unique Barb is but to show one of Blade’s main flaws which is projecting himself onto the world around him and showcase Blade’s pessimistic outlook on people. So yeah, it’s cliche, but I use it for a different purpose. What makes Barb interesting is not that Blade thinks she’s special, but her vibrant yet real outlook of life contrasted with Blade’s dull and pessimistic outlook. As for the gang stuff girl, I get it, it depends on taste, and the conflict Blade has with his anxiety as well as just him being judgmental is enough to carry a story, however, the gang stuff gives the plot more layers in my opinion, and I wanted to try something new (but I respect your opinion on gang stories and they’re not my personal favorite either.) I’m glad you loved the characters; I tried so hard to make them feel real yet entertaining. Thanks for recommending, and I was looking forward to your review, and I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed, very useful <3.

1 Like

Ooh- now I see that. I’m sure if I read more I probably would have seen/enjoyed Blade’s character more. I am a pessimist too (So I relate to Blade lol). I’ll be looking forward to the revamp, you really do have talent and the narration was the only flaw really that I saw, so I can’t wait to see what it looks like when you cut that down.

The rest of the stuff was just my personal preferences but now that I see why you’re adding the gang stuff I can see how it will be great for the plot lol.

Good luck with your writing!

Hi! I would love to have a feedback from you.
I actually have 2 stories. You can else read both, since they are very different, or choose the one that attracts you the most :slight_smile:

My episode author name is Hijiko
1st Story: Deadly Trial
Genre: Thriller mostly
Description: Kate wakes up in a nightmarish place. Little does she know she is not alone… a deadly trial awaits her and the six other suspects. Who’s guilty?
Chapters: 5 (on going, the first three chapters can be a bit too short for some so i’d Recommend reading 4-5 too)
No CC, love interest, choices matter

2nd story: The Wrong Match
Genre: comedy & romance
Description: Married at first sight, uh? Seemed like a good idea until Maya found out that the perfect match she was supposed to be with turned out to be everything but what she dreamed of.
Chapters: 3 (on going)

1 Like

If you’re still doing reviews, can I ask for one for my story?

Author name on the app: Karlon Artis
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5772043488395264
Description of the story (that you have on the app): Estefania Hermoso loves theatre and has a passion for it. But what happens when a girl she likes doesn’t have the same passion as her?
Title of the story: Thespian Theatrical
Genre of the story: Romance
Cover (If you have one)

It’s called " Black Hearts, Golden Desires"

• Story Description: Nand,a princess of Solataria,is trained to protect her family and kingdom. What will happen if an old enemy arises for revenge?Will Nand be able to handle the storm coming her way?
  • Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5019562149478400
  • genre: Fantasy
    05a684466238b104eb35ac757fdd4e636dc9791b_2_362x499