Rude’s Here to Help! Ask your questions babes 💙

Hey!
Do you know how to add clothes. I mean like the character is wearing her/his outfit and you want to add like a necklace or something in the middle of the story.

Hi, I asked a question in another help topic, but I would like to ask here as well. How do I make characters move upwards or downwards? One of my stories, I want my character to get abducted by aliens, so he would have to be pulled towards the sky, then disappears. Know how to do something like this?

Hi, How can I put two people kissing correctly?

Yes, the only thing to do would be to remake the entire outfit under a different name and just add the accessory. That way it looks like just the necklace (for example) was added. There’s no way to just add in a certain piece of clothing by itself.

thank you so much! :heart:

1 Like

Yes, I think I answered this one on the other chat too lol
Here is the general spotting code:
@CHAR walks to spot S X Y in N
But maybe I can take this time to be more clear.
You have to spot it character going up and the way to do that is to keep moving up the Y and keep the X the same.
Like the gif below:
(Sorry the image is not too clear, worked with what I had :confused:)
If you look at the little number on the lower left side, the Y (the number all the way at the end) is the one that’s really changing.

Now @Purple_Ghost
has made a “Up a ladder” code template you can use as a started code and then you can play with the Y and instead of using the behavior tinker_loop_rear you can use a behavior that shows your character being afraid.

Here’s the code:

Please let me know if it works out and please be sure to thank the friendly Purple Ghost

3 Likes

Hey here is the screenshot of the error I’m having.

Yes. I know sometimes that comes out weird. So what you need to do is whoever is facing away from the screen needs to be facing the opposite direction you want him/her to be facing.
For example the pic below

The coding would be like this:
@FEMALECHAR stands upscreen right AND FEMALECHAR faces left
@MALECHAR stands screen center AND MALECHAR faces right

@FEMALECHAR starts kiss_passionate_loop
@MALECHAR starts kiss_passionate_loop_rear AND MALECHAR faces left

Hope that helps

PS: Pic was screenshotted from a story called My Teacher, My Gangster by Molly Shalgos & Jordan Lynde

3 Likes

A lot of people have been having this issue :neutral_face:
My advice is if you’ve already tried changing browsers, then just test out the story on the actual app. I would also have you fill out a ticket and let Admin Episode know so they can start working on that.

Hi! Does anyone know how to get people to do art?

I know it’s tough…
Okay let’s stick with the option B, since your using multiple overlays, option B is the best

Here is a general code

&overlay YOUROVERLAY create
&overlay YOUROVERLAY opacity 100% in 0
&overlay shift YOUROVERLAY to X Y in 0
&overlay YOUROVERLAY to layer 0
&overlay YOUROVERLAY scales to SIZE SIZE in 0

You can use this as many times as you want throughout an episode without worrying about your other overlay getting messed up.
Look at this pic

I got multiple overlays coexisting together, it’s beautiful lol

Now if you want an overlay on top of another overlay then you have to change the the layer option.
Let me know if that was more helpful

7 Likes

You can submit a request post here or find someone who already is offering to make art: Resource Category

Tysm! I’m writing my first ever story for the H&V contest! Are you?

thank you!! the visual helped very much. :slight_smile:

Glad I could help :blue_heart:

1 Like

I’m not actually. Too busy, work is a drag but I need it to eat and not be homeless I guess loll. Good luck!

1 Like

Lol thanks. It’s so confusing all the stuff you have to type :smiley:

Yea I know what you mean. But trust me it gets easier. Pretty soon you’ll be coding without even thinking about it lol

3 Likes

Not in my scenario lol :slight_smile:

Where are the superhero outfits I cannot find them :smiley: