Heroes & Villains: The First Creator's Contest of 2018!

Publish it on the deadline! :slightly_smiling_face:

Entering this Contest! So excited to share my contest story with you all!

1 Like

Why on the deadline, not as soon as you reach 3 chapters or so? :thinking:

Some authors (don’t remember who) said that reader engagement doesn’t count before the deadline… So it’s better to publish it on the deadline, just to be on the safe side. :slightly_smiling_face: However, it would be great if @Liz or @Trinady would clarify this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ohhhh…

(But still I’ll publish it sooner than the deadline, because what if… JUST WHAT IF I FORGET IT AND I CAN’T ENTER. BRRUUUUHHH!!!)

3 Likes

Reader engagement starts to count after the entry deadline, not before. We recommend publishing close to the deadline and promoting your story at that time.

9 Likes

Publish it as many days before as you need to feel like you won’t forget, and just don’t promote it until right after the deadline has passed.:slightly_smiling_face:
That way, you’re less likely to get reads that don’t count.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Thank you for replying to my question. :blush:

I need advice!

I can’t get the directing down fast enough to actually make this. In fact, there’s a good chance I won’t make it at all.

Should I try the new story version - the like Limelight spotlight-style - or just give up and write the story not for the contest? Would anyone read a story written in the new type?

1 Like

Do the new version unless your story is so heavily action based it would be boring.

2 Likes

Is it necessary to have the "H&V:" included in the story’s cover art as well?
I am having difficulty not making it look cluttered.
Also, if i include the “H&V:” in the small cover, i sort of can’t upload it because it exceeds the image size :sweat_smile:

It’s not required in the cover. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s a relief! :sweat_smile:
Thanks , @k.w.episode

2 Likes

ME NEITHER!!CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED:grin:

I released on to this contest u should check it out it is called H&V:Villainy!

1 Like

I released on to this contest u should check it out it is called H&V:Villainy!!!

Ugh. Our connection is cutting out in three days! I don’t think I can join anymore. :anguished:

But even so, I will try my best to be able to publish three chapter in three days. My title is H&V: Twins and Nemesis. Please do support me! (I recommend you read after the deadline. Gosh I’m dying.)

1 Like

I like (but also am scared) that you can see how many times a link has been clicked.
So 116 times people have gone to the ‘submit’ story doc.
I am very curious how high it will be on the due date.

lmao anyone wanna take bets :wink:

1 Like

Well, to be honest, I’ve clicked on it a couple of times debating within myself if I want to go through with this or not, so if you take away about a hundred, that’s the amount of writers writing for the contest XD

Cheers,
R.