Hey any good advice out there?

Hey I’m trying to write a story and was hoping if you guys can give me advice on how to plan it and start it and things that were helpful for you guys. Thanks I really appreciate it.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joseph+evans
so I first learned the basics of coding before I started writing

3 Likes

OH okay and I’ll make sure to watch his videos. Thank you so much!

Watch Joseph Evans tutorials if you haven’t and EllyYT tutorials. They are both really good! And when you are planning a story don’t make it too cliche. And you should make choices matter lol. If not, well you should still add good choices though. Sorry if I’m pressuring you lol.

2 Likes

i would recommend have the entire plot written down from finish to end before you published.

and by entire, i dont mean like a perfect written script. but what want you to happen in evry episode. . just small notes on what you wanna happen . or like me, i have written in every episode what is gonna happen. but has not looked on text just put some in. and will fix later

example

@JANE stands screen center
CANDY
Yes dad

RUSS
I talked with him mr Lorato

RUSS
We talked. he has invited us all out to eat tommorow evening

CANDY
Really

INT. AIRPORT BOARDING - DAY
WADE
You came to pick op us

DON
Yes and well i miss you and need to talk

WADE
Okay we can go grab a beer after we got home

ELIZA
Lets go

INT. LA APARTMENT - NIGHT
WADE
So what is going has she broken op with you

DON
No i asked her to move in with me

WADE
Well congrat on that. but what is the big problem

DON
She said no

WADE
Did she really

DON
Well she said she will think about it
But its been a week now and she has not made a dicision

WADE
You know maybe she need some more convinsion
1 Like

Not at all, & yeah they both have good tutorials, thank you :grin:

1 Like

I’m going to try that thank you so much.

1 Like

Just plan it partly and wing it partly. That’s the best advice I can give, personally.

Because of you go in super planning mode, let me tell you, you are gonna get bored easily.

But if you start winging it, you will get stuck after a few chapters.

So you make a basic plot like what will happen after what but don’t work on the details now! Keep your options open.

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since General Chat is for non-Episode topics. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

Try following these steps! :wink:

There’s plenty of other posts that will help you on there, too! I’ll link them below to help

1 Like

Yea I did that then I got stuck and thank you that is some great advice :grin:

1 Like

Omg thank you so much, I’ll make sure to check out all of them these are very helpful. :grin:

1 Like

Don’t mention it! I’m trying to make content that will help new writers so feel free to ask me questions if you have any!

1 Like

That would be really nice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.