Hey could you check out my story and give me some honest feedback

I’ve just read Episode 3 and I really liked it. I think it’s my favorite Episode so far!

The Aaron, and Will best friends scene was cool.

And my favorite part was definitely the ending! I was so shocked to figure out that it was all a dream!

4 Likes

In Conclusion:
:clap:t5: :clap:t5::clap:t5: Great story so far! Please continue it! You’ve earned a new follower!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I’m really happy you enjoyed it!
This encouraged me a lot!

I have one more question though, what do you think about the choices so far, do you think there are too few, there will be more after I come to a certain plot point but for now I feel like it might be a little limited.

1 Like

The choices are fine in my opinion! I really enjoyed thinking through, and picking them!

1 Like

Alright, thanks a lot again!

1 Like

Please let me know when there are new chapters!

1 Like

I will, I already started working on ep 4! :blush:

1 Like

Great!

1 Like

I loved your story. The first episode really introduced everyone. And even though it was slow plot wise it was still interesting and held my attention. I’d say that your on the right track to a great story

1 Like

Thank you!

Hey there, congrats on publishing your first story :smiley:
I am just starting episode 2 now and overall I don’t think you have much to worry about. It’s a nice little premise that I’m sure will appeal to a lot of people on the app. However, if you really want it to be the best that it can be, I’d recommend looking at just how many characters we meet in the first episode. It seems like there’s quite a lot of main characters which can be hard to keep up with at times, then there’s quite a lot sub-main characters in addition. I think you’ve done a good job with characterization and showing their personalities in a short time, especially once they’re all in the auditorium, but maybe there’s something you could do to make each introduction more memorable.

Suggestion if you're interested

I know the whole “wake up morning routine” is something a lot of people find somewhat overdone, so you could always start the episode at school in the assembly scene, then when each new character comes on screen, you could show their morning-routine-scenes as a flashback type of thing - that way you wouldn’t even have to cut out any directing you’ve already done, you’d just be rearranging.

3 Likes

Thank you!
Yeah I’m a sucker for multiple main characters :sweat_smile:
Putting the assembly scene at the start is actually a really good idea I’ll have to think about it.

1 Like

Hahaha don’t blame you. When you have more main characters, it’s so much easier to explore more themes and story lines, so it gives you enough ammunition to make it a long and entertaining story :laughing: Good luck with future episodes

1 Like

I can read and review the story!

1 Like

First and foremost, welcome to the Episode platform and congratulations on releasing your first ever story!
Comments:
Overall Directing: I understand that this is your first story, but the directing can become a little too basic at times. I recommend that you before releasing the next chapter, sit down and attempt to use zooms and play with it a little in order to learn how to use it properly. It is indeed a very helpful tool for the Episode writers, yourself included. Conversations become less interesting when there’s always the same zoom settings. Try to cut the camera at the model saying something, or doing something.

1 Like

Thank you a lot!
I will take that into account in the future, I actually thought I did lol but I’ll check again.

1 Like

You did in most scenes, but in the opening scenes, you didn’t.

1 Like

Alright thanks, if you have more things you noticed/ have tips please tell me :blush:

1 Like

Another question, should I remove the “name tags” or should I just leave it in.
My initial thought was that that way you can see who the main characters are since there are a lot characters appearing in the first episode.

I like them, they seem cool.

1 Like