Hey guys need some help with convincing my mom

Wants are different from needs. She could admire the house and want it, but is it really a wise decision to just get everything you want in your life without thinking it through? It’s just carelessly spending money. If she’s content with this life and her current house, I don’t see why she’ll need to move when at the end of the day, she’ll still feel the same way she does with this current house.

4 Likes

Y’all she doesn’t even like her current house

That doesn’t always matter, if it’s not necessary…some people just won’t do it (:

2 Likes

And that doesn’t mean anything. My mum doesn’t like her kitchen but she can’t get it done up because that costs a sh*t ton of money.

1 Like

hm

Exactly she doesn’t like it she wants to fix it

Guys I came here for how to convince her, I know how much my mom makes, my mom knows what she can afford, my mom does what to fix her house up but instead of wasting money on something u don’t like why not buy something u actually like my mom either wants to fix her house or buy a new one. I’m just trying to convince her to get this certain house I’m not saying we can’t look for another one

Not being rude, but I don’t think she would of gave me a budget of 200k if she knew she couldn’t afford

Like I said she either wants to fix her house or buy a new one she didn’t choose a decision yet.

There’ll b a reason. Just ask. Perhaps she doesn’t want the stress of moving, maybe she doesn’t think she can sell ur current house, maybe it’s too expensive. Don’t mean to repeat what’s been said but, it’s wise not to pressure ur mom, certainly not in these uncertain times, everyone’s uncer a lot of pressure so it’s best to trust her decisions. They’ll b a good reason so I recommend not pushing her, plus, if u ask her more abt y she doesn’t want the house, u may get a better understanding.

For example, I want a swimming pool, we can easily afford one, but it’s not practical, plus takes lots of work, our wants r not the same as needs :cloud::heartbeat:

7 Likes

I’m not pressuring my mom, if she has a thought of buying a new house why not ask her while she has that thought?

The best way to convince your mum is by not doing it. They will listen if you don’t constantly go on about it. Show her that you are mature enough to let her decide when to move. And she might be fixing up to sell it. If things are broken then she most likely won’t get a good deal if any at all.

7 Likes

Also, even if it’s a bit more than the price range, I don’t see the need for 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. That’s a LOT of maintenance and cleaning to do.

6 Likes

Respect your mom’s wishes. She is only doing what she believes is best for you all.

4 Likes

Hang on a sec, 4 bathrooms? I didn’t even see that :sweat_smile: How do three people need 4 bathrooms? Is 1-2 bathrooms not enough? If u have 4 for three people, there’s always going to be a spare whether everyone in the house is in a bathroom or not (unless u plan on having guests but still) (:

The same with bedrooms, what do u need 5 for? There’s only 3 of u (U, your mum & your brother) (:

2 Likes

They might have guests coming to the house, or someone may move in. There are other reasons as to why there is that number of bathrooms, may never know.

1 Like

I did say =

:blush:

But I know what u mean (:

1 Like

We all want our own bathrooms

mhm. :joy:

1 Like

Also I had suggested one be a workout room for my mom and one a guest bedroom