Hey, I wanna ask some questions

Hey, I’m an author in Episode. And I read a lot of stories some of which are amazing however since I am an author as well I always like to make my stories as good as possible. I have a lot of questions and I opened this thread in hopes of finding answers to them. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Shoot away!

1 Like

Go 'head.

2 Likes

First, thank you for replying, there’s nothing more satisfying than receiving instant replies.:revolving_hearts:
Anyway, have you ever heard of a story called “Iridescent” or “Without you” these two stories are my personal favorite and you should definitely check them out, in these stories the plot is amazing and the way the events build up and how the relationship between the characters grow amazes. My question is how can I improve the ideas in my mind and mix them to turn them into a decent story ?

2 Likes

Well, you can start by brainstorming. Maybe take some of the parts you like about each one and see what you can do with that. Then, you could jot down what you have so far and come up with a story line at that.

1 Like

I think u should write what u love write what u think people will love but if I were to say u should add details to the story like alot…wait what’s ur story about?

2 Likes

I just started writing down the story line but it’s basically about an optimistic girl meeting a sassy bad boy (who’s just a softie in real) then they fall in love blah blah blah you get the idea

1 Like

Ooof! Kinda lost me at bad boy. >.>

3 Likes

A really good story is based off of really good characters that fit into an intriguing story line.
If you’re looking for inspiration for a good story I’d suggest just taking some time to read a few books and gather inspiration from everywhere and work around gelling all the ideas you come up together.

For good characters just take in inspiration from the people around you. Real people with real complex problems. Identify quirks and lovable (and annoying) flaws from characters in the material you read, yourself and the people around you. It takes a lot of self-awareness, but I find this to be really helpful

2 Likes

That’s actually a good idea so the first thing is to write down the plot, u know how they meet, backstory of how the bad boy became bad etc just add details and make sure u appreciate what you did if it makes you feel happy then it will make other people feel happy :persevere:

1 Like

Yes, realistic characters is key. People would relate more to it rather stereotypical and cliche ones.

2 Likes

Oh yeah and @smarter was right, brainstorm, but do it with other people who you can bounce ideas off of. I wouldn’t mind helping with that if you’d like?

1 Like

To make a realistic “Bad boy” wouldn’t really be a good idea to me because bad boys irl are not likable and are jerks. Plus, a “looks like a bad boy but is a sweetheart” is cliche and not much realistic. Just pointing that out. My opinion though.

2 Likes

I kinda agree with you. To be honest I’ve met a “bad guy” in my life, he wasn’t that bad, but he was quite annoying :joy:. And of course he’s in a gang :smiley:@Mia13La Okay back to the topic, tbh maybe you should try writing for the non cliche ones. Bad boy and good girl stories have been written too many times, and it can come off as a cringe topic. I’m not putting you down, just that if you really want to write the story, your directing and plot has to be A+ and be really different from the others! Like for example, usually the backstory of a bad boy is that he’s acting that way because of his parents etc etc. Maybe change the backstory, but still make it relatable and reasonable. In the case you decide not to write a bad boy story, think about your own high school crush. How did it feel like? Maybe try channeling those feelings into a story. I’m not the best at writing high school romance but I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Agreed! There is a way you can make the character appear to be stoic, but not in a way that puts them in the same cage as every other bad boy in literature history. It helps to present him as an actual person and to make his “cold, deep dark brooding” cliche into a more commonly noticed persona of someone who prefers to be alone etc.

2 Likes

I would prefer if she did a shy guy. A realistic one though. I mean, when have you had a shy nerd love interest? :joy:

1 Like

YES! Like, kinda an introvert and loner.

2 Likes

Rather than putting the character on a pedestal as an obvious “bad boy” (quoted because the definition of a bad boy in terms of what we all know isn’t bad at all lol) who is charming and rides a motorcycle and wears leather etc.

So for a story example the bad boy cliche compared to the character Zev in Bittersweet Wounds by AkaCeri. He displays all the characteristics of the cliche bad boy without him holding the title (if that makes any sense at all)

Basically the only difference between the two above is one wears way too much leather and the other is significantly more lovable and has better character development

2 Likes

I feel like we’re operating on the same frequency or something :joy:

2 Likes

I’m just so tired of the leather jacket and motocycle type. Bad boys don’t even do that! Their just f*ckboys. I would rather them have regular but somewhat dark clothes and ride in a normal car!

2 Likes