Hi, any tips on art?

Hi everyone I have started drawing art recently and I was wondering what tips you guys have for drawing outlines and tips in general! Also if there are any tutorials that help, that would be appreciated, thanks!

4 Likes

what program are u using? also this isn’t the correct category for this topic.

2 Likes

I was using photoshop but now I’m trying ibis paint, I think it’s called? It was recommended to me. Also thanks for telling me about the category I hate picking I chose a random art one hehe

2 Likes

Do you have instagram? There’s a few tutorials there

1 Like

Yeah I got it recently

2 Likes

Its in general chat

as for ibis paint x tips

Stabilizer on at 10
force fade on (clear end points)
use dip pen hard when outlining but use dip pen soft when outlining facial features and hair details (thats my opinion tho)

3 Likes

you can try nae’s help thread:

I can’t really help you, I use procreate. and I can NOT draw on ibis.
HOw do you draw straight lines?

3 Likes

I haven’t rlly started just played around with the tools but I’ll probs end up switching a few times

1 Like

Could you send me a screenshot of your art, and I’ll see how I can help.
*I’m not trying to pressure you, you don’t have to

1 Like

There are ruler tools that you can use on the top right hand corner

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/artadvicee/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/camille_zpt/?hl=en - has a hair tutorial,
https://www.instagram.com/ibispaintofficial_/?hl=en - Ibis’s official page
I’d recommend trying to figure out your style.
I’ll try updating this as soon as I find more

1 Like

Sure, it was my first real attempt and I used photoshop with a mouse so yeah I’m aware about how wiggly some of the lines are lol.

Drawing

1 Like

ooooof
When I just started, I was no where near as good as that

1 Like

I’s recommend practicing shadowing first, and looking at other’s art to try to figure out some techniques, but don’t comp them completely

Yeah, I have a feeling im gonna struggle with all the shading but thank you!

1 Like

Looking at others art is a really useful a technique I think personally. I don’t think you can “steal” a style since you practiced and worked hard work on it by yourself (you achieved it there yourself by observing) but it helps to have a distinguishable style so that people can recognize it easily. I would say just watch a bunch of speed paint videos, tutorials etc, youtube is full of them. And definitely don’t talk shit about your art. Interacting with the art community can help too, they can give useful tips (in a nice way too).
Try to use harder brushes to blend since overusing the airbrush makes the shading very muddy if you don’t know what you’re doing. Learning at some helps with the shading a lot because you’ll know where and how to color your shadows and lights.

2 Likes

I put together a quick thing to show you my process.

Put some shading in basic places like where hair overlaps the skin, do a darker color. Or for highlights do a lighter color, on the cheeks, nose,(I do eyelids as well to give them some depth).

I don’t know if ibis paint has this, but on procreate there’s a smudge tool which I use,to blend,

I hope the pictures help a little bit!

2 Likes

Moved to Art Resources since Feature + Art Suggestions is for requests to the development team.

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Ibis has that too. I’;ve seen it.
I don’t know if it’s the same and that you can change the smudge brushes, because I don’t use ibis.

1 Like