Hi! does anyone know how to fix this error? i'm trying to make tappable overlays

1 Like

do you have a character or overlay named the same as the labels.

1 Like

Hmm
 Does anything change if you add a blank line after your labels?

1 Like

Just gave it a shot!! I don’t think it worked, but thank you for suggesting it aaa!! I wouldn’t have thought of that :open_mouth: <3

just checked overlays!! i don’t have any characters/overlays with the same name as the labels D: thank you for helping me, i am very grateful!!

1 Like

Can you copy the script here? It could be some invincible space somewhere in those lines that cause the error.

1 Like

OHHH!! that was it, i think!! i just re-typed the script and the error disappeared, but for some reason now the tappables still won’t work? it’s very weird hgkhrehjgkr. here’s the script:

&overlay CIRCLE create
&overlay CIRCLE opacity 1 in 2
&overlay 4805071544451072_CIRCLE shifts to 121 132 in zone 1
&overlay 4805071544451072_CIRCLE scales to -0.879 -0.879
&overlay CIRCLE2 create from CIRCLE
&overlay CIRCLE2 opacity 1 in 2
&overlay CIRCLE2 shifts to 16 418 in zone 3
&overlay CIRCLE2 scales to -1.059 -1.059

NARRATOR
Finally, you'll see pink circles. These circles will appear when there's something of interest that you can tap on.

NARRATOR
Sometimes you'll need to tap on an object of interest after tapping on something else in order to get more information from it.

NARRATOR
Because of this, please feel free to just go ham on tapping on stuff.

NARRATOR
This concludes the tutorial. Good luck!

@speechbubble is 0 0 to 0%

tappable [pan:1:2]
“CIRCLE” {
goto SAFE1
} “CIRCLE2” {
goto books
}

label SAFE1
NARRATOR
Aa
label books
NARRATOR
Aa

label SKIP
NARRATOR
Skip

The tappable is working. You just got to set the speechbubble back to 100% for the dialogues ‘Aa’ to be visible because you set it to 0% earlier.

1 Like

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

oh my god i think i’m an idiot HJKGHKREGH

thank you so so much oh my god, you are an absolute godsend, i am so grateful <33 HKJHK

oh wait crumbles!! i thought that would work, but when i reset the speechbubble and then eventually just deleted the speechbubble is 0 0 to 0%, it still wouldn’t work D: so sorry about that ah

Can you send your current script here?

for sure!! thank you so so much for doing this, i’m really grateful!!

&overlay CIRCLE create
&overlay CIRCLE opacity 1 in 2
&overlay 4805071544451072_CIRCLE shifts to 121 132 in zone 1
&overlay 4805071544451072_CIRCLE scales to -0.879 -0.879
&overlay CIRCLE2 create from CIRCLE
&overlay CIRCLE2 opacity 1 in 2
&overlay CIRCLE2 shifts to 16 418 in zone 3
&overlay CIRCLE2 scales to -1.059 -1.059

NARRATOR
Finally, you'll see pink circles. These circles will appear when there's something of interest that you can tap on.

NARRATOR
Sometimes you'll need to tap on an object of interest after tapping on something else in order to get more information from it.

NARRATOR
Because of this, please feel free to just go ham on tapping on stuff.

NARRATOR
This concludes the tutorial. Good luck!

tappable [pan:1:2]
“CIRCLE” {
goto SAFE1
} “CIRCLE2” {
goto books
}

label SAFE1
NARRATOR
Aa
label books
NARRATOR
Aa

label SKIP
NARRATOR
Skip

Lol
 For some reason, the overlays became not tappable when they are “upside-down” (negative scale). Just remove the negative scales in front and spot the coordinates back to the original spots.

YOU ARE AMAZING OH MY GOD THAT FIXED IT!! i am going to cry thank you so so much, you seriously made my day :sob: i’ve been trying to fix this for like ever lmao, you are seriously amazing. thank you!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.