Hi! I’d like some art, please!

Hey! I’m sorry, I haven’t been on the forums in a while, umm, I’d like some of ur amazing art so I can practice, and get better at making my own!

thx to all of my u who decide to share ur art!

Don’t worry, when I’m finished, I’ll send u wat I’ve done :white_check_mark:!:wink::wink::wink:

4 Likes

What exactly do you mean?

2 Likes

I just would like to see if anyone would wanna share they’re art, and if they are ok with it, I can draw an outline of it
(I just want some practice)

1 Like

I think you’d be better off looking for models since tracing art isn’t exactly something others are fond of. :sparkles:

2 Likes

It isn’t really a store, it’s just cause I’m like really bad at drawing, I wanna do some outlines for practice

1 Like

Outlining another art piece wouldn’t really help with that since it’d only teach you how to replicate. If you want to get practice in you could watch a few tutorials and maybe start a thread where people leave their characters for you to use :sparkles:

2 Likes

I also have my own outline store, soo, yeah!

i also kinda just wanna do some art, not just 4 other people, but for the fun of it! When I do art 4 other people, I like doing that!

1 Like

I think what @PropertyofNae means is that people wouldn’t be too happy if you copy their art. And it also won’t help you in the long run…

6 Likes

Well, I mean it’s not EXTREMELY bad if u get they’re permission, and it’s not like they have to choose certain art, either, they’re choice, really

1 Like

It’s bad on your progress. It’d be harder on you if you were to try and draw something yourself.

3 Likes

I would recommend if you do end up tracing, do something like a study over a googled model. You can trace something over but then next to the traced drawing, you’ll try to replicate your outlines. Something like this video. I’m not gonna act like I’m not guilty of tracing in the past, but I can’t lie when I say it’s helped me lol. Obviously just don’t do it in the long run or in commisions.

8 Likes

I get what you mean. I used to try to replicate my older sisters art all the time when I was younger but that doesn’t really help you, I recommend finding models or asking for some, when I started getting more serious about my traditional art I drew family members and movie stars for realistic, and when I started doing episode art digitally I asked people for models, it’s really important to find your own style and do what you like mimicking others won’t help you with that. If you own an outline shop you shouldn’t be using other people art try asking for models to draw instead or stop requests until you have your own style that you feel comfortable with, but never steal art or trace other peoples, it doesn’t help.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.