Hi I need help with labels

Hi everyone… Sorry for my English is not my principal idiom lol. I have a question I hope you can help me … Yesterday I was writing my story and in the beginning i have two options of idiom that u can choose, depending on the language you choose the decision is saved with the command “gain” I don’t know if I’m doing well. In the next episode I put if you choose Spanish:

if (Spanish) { rest of story}
Elif (English) {rest of story}

But i have a problem bc I want to do a label of clothes in the options of languages but the error that appears says that I cannot have a label inside if/then statements or {}… So how can I solve that?

No you can not have a label inside a choice it has to be before or after.

You can have goto though

But you do not need a label to have a goto? … If the user can choose clothing options I suppose if you choose not to have those clothes I need to have a label to return to clothes menu with goto… If you can explain me with an example I will be grateful

I helped someone with this:

You can use this as reference. Where it says French, you can change that to Spanish and use the template.

So in each episode instead of putting if I can do it as a label?, For example depending on the selected language I write the label at the beginning of the episode and continue the story so now I can have another clothing label. Did i get it right?

#Example:

#for the very first episode only:

#beginning messages

label choose_language

NARR
What language do you want to play the story in?

choice
“Spanish.” {

NARR
Are you sure you want to play in Spanish?

choice
“Yes.” {
gain SPANISH
goto spanish_path
} “Wait, take me back.” {
goto choose_language
}
} “English.” {

NARR
Are you sure you want to play in English?

choice
“Yes.” {
gain ENGLISH
goto english_path
} “Wait, take me back.” {
goto choose_language
}
}

label spanish_path
#WHOLE STORY-LINE IN SPANISH GOES HERE
goto end_chapter

label english_path
#WHOLE STORY-LINE IN ENGLISH GOES HERE
goto end_chapter

label end_chapter
#ending messages at the end of the chapter

#then to remember it for future episodes (episodes 2 and up):

if (SPANISH) {
goto spanish_path
} else {
goto english_path
}

label spanish_path
#WHOLE STORY-LINE IN SPANISH GOES HERE
goto end_chapter

label english_path
#WHOLE STORY-LINE IN ENGLISH GOES HERE
goto end_chapter

label end_chapter
#ending messages at the end of the chapter

#Notes:

• You put the whole Spanish storyline under label spanish_path (you can include clothing options in the story-line, too, don’t worry, because it’s not in an if/elif/else)

• At the end of the Spanish storyline, you put a goto end_chapter so it takes the reader to the end of the episode (otherwise if you forget to do this, the whole English storyline will play)

• When you’re going to test the other language path, don’t forget to reset your gains (which are flags). How to here: HOW TO: Reset Story Progress + Bonus Stuff :blob_sun:

1 Like

Thanks u I’ll try it later :revolving_hearts:

The gains are wrong, if the person pick both choices they will get both gains

edit I just re read and see it was right, sorry I run on four hours of sleep

It’s actually not incorrect, you can try testing it for yourself and see :blob_sun:

That’s OK, I’ve been running on low energy too :joy:

OP, np :blob_sun:

I was doing that in the first chapter, I put everything as you wrote it but I have a question, to start a new Episode depending on the language chosen how do I do it? Can be : start with the spanish_path label and another one from English_path

Or how would you do it?

:heart:

Awwwww love u, thanks u so much :pleading_face::heart:

1 Like

Closed: Marked as solved by thread op @Paula12061 :v: