Hi. I want to include a muslim character in my story but I need help

Hi everyone. For my story I want each character to have a very different background so that teenagers can identify theirselves in the characters. I would like to include a muslim character in my story but for respect to all muslim people I want to make sure not to make them dress or do things they aren’t allowed to.
Consequently I would like to ask (other than the hijab) if there are any further information I should keep in mind for clothing. Also if there are rules regarding what they generally can or can’t do (for instance I know they can’t drink and can’t have sex till marriage). Please give me any useful information you have

4 Likes

I have a muslim friend, and I can tell you that a muslim has to be modest when wearing clothing. Long sleeve shirts are a MUST. If not, a jacket to cover their bare arms (you must cover legs and feet too). And muslims don’t celebrate any holiday because according to them, they derived from bad things. That’s what I know mostly

2 Likes

Well they do dress modestly and don’t take alcohol. And if they go parties they dress modestly and without the hijab on. They have scarfs in replacement.

2 Likes

This is very useful, thanks

Thank you very much

1 Like

Oh!! Thanks!! I’ll read it now

1 Like

You are welcome.

Hey there! I’m a non-hijabi Muslim and I come from a Muslim dominant country. If you’d like to ask me anything feel free too!

1 Like

Hi!!! In my story there is a swimming team and the muslim girl is part of it but episode doesn’t have burkinis… what should I do?

1 Like

I think the trick here is to layer different clothing and make them look like a burkini! Here’s an example feel free to use;

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like