Hi would do you think of this story i have different scenes but i'm only on episode 1 should i just make a introduction of characters?

WOW okay well how should i start it out especially on the first episode

I already did is that bad?

So readers don’t want to get to know the characters??

But i try not to make the introduction boring like i add text effect and try to make i short

You need to make your story interesting from the first 20 lines, I don’t know your story’s plot, but you need to start with something that immediately takes all the attention, something bad happens
EXAMPLE

if your plot is about vampire’s school, you can start with M.C. normally sitting in the class listening to the teacher, and suddenly she feels a terrible pain in her stomach, she goes in the school bathroom and she sees weird stuff happening like, she thinks that the school is on fire, she sees in the mirror that someone is behind her but she can’t see him in real life. then she faints, later on, she wakes up and realizes that the school is not burned and decides to investigate it, then the plot vampire school starts

All that without dialogs that you don’t need like
-Hi Stacy, how is it going
-Good, but my mother blah blah blah, the I went for shopping with blah blah blah

1 Like

Nah still, when the story start with introduction it seems unprofessional, we can meet the characters along with the plot

2 Likes

SAMANTHA (talk_handsonhips)
Hi, I’m Samantha
People call me short for Sam.

SAMANTHA (talk_forward)
I go to Riverview High School and I am 15 years old.
And I lived with my parents and I'm a sophomore.

So it shouldn’t be like this in line 54

So i should i just show a past event?

Ok if it is that short and you only got one character introduction then it’s fine even if it’s at line 1, but not all of them like then the mom, then the dad, then the Best friend etc the M.c is ok
Except if you write like
SAMANTHA
Hi I am Samantha blah blah
And I am sitting next to my best friend Nicole and to my boyfriend Tommas

Thats enough, then, let the interesting part begging

1 Like

If you judge that the past has an interesting turn then yes, you can write it

1 Like

Also make sure that all of the dialoges have animation

1 Like
   NARRATOR
| bold | This is Liam and Alex and Ryan. _ This is not good?
| bold | Alex and Liam are siblings.

So i should put Hi my name is Sam and this is my life high school blah blah
girl enters Ew its sam she can’t even do basic math how did she even past freshman year?

NARRATOR
| color:green , bold | Ryan Johnson a food lover obsessed with pizza and loves stars wars and video games.  

SO i should not keep introductions the characters

That’s how i type it

you there?

1 Like

Uh no, don’t put what he likes and who is her siblings, it’s our first meeting with the characters so we haven’t any connections with them, so I won’t find it interesting if he likes pizza or not, you can show that she has siblings along with the plot like
Sam enters the kitchen and starts stealling food from her siblings then make Ryan really mad that she took his food then mom will say, Sam stop taking the food from your siblings
show it that way, let it roll with the plot, let me find out what the like or not from their dialogs (but don’t write this at the first lines, it’s not that important)

Oh okay like just show it how also do you think its cliche?

You can start with her reading then she meet us herself and at this moment the bully comes in and starts bulling her, but I would suggest something more than an insult, like what if she put needles in her chair, what if she were stalking her or something, start with a dialoge bomb, let the reader with the jaw dropped, not expecting anything

idk the plot to answer you

Okay but wouldn’t need overlays for that the bullied could be a obsessed stalker