Hidden Gems Outfit Contest! :blob_hearts:

Hey everyone! I guess this is the first time I’m officially announcing it, but I’m working on a new story called Hidden Gems.
In case you all didn’t know, I suck at outfits (just see their default outfits to know how terrible I am) and one of my characters wants to be a fashion designer… which could prove very difficult for outfit making.
Anyways… let’s carry on!

Here are the characters:

Amanda

Amanda loves kids and dreams of being a teacher. She’s sweet, caring, and is kind to every single person she knows.

Her favorite color is black and, well, we can say she has a special spot in her heart for black shoes.
She’s cheery and welcoming and loves accessorizing, especially earrings and necklaces. She very specific about her shoes and hates open-toed shoes.
Here’s here outfit examples:

AMANDA CC

Her Extras:
She has the Rose Tattoo Ink Red and the Birds in Flight Tattoo.

Jessinia

Jessinia, or Jess as she prefers to be called, is a diehard romantic who ships just about every couple she meets.

Her style is modern, edgy, a bit flirty, and just a touch sassy.
She’s very flirtatious and usually sticks to a monochromatic or duo chromatic looks. She accessorizes in black or silver and always looks ready to go out and party.
Here’s her deets and some outfit examples:

JESSINIA CC

Her Extras:
She has the Bird Collar Tattoo Solid and Freckles Heavy (08-10)

Ivy

Ivy is a workaholic with an attitude and has an eye for fashion. She’s an aspiring fashion designer and always puts friends and family first.

Ivy takes a more modern and formal approach to fashion. Although she designs casual-wear, she’s usually found in a more formal outfit.
Her attitude greatly reflects her personality. If she’s mad, her outfits will be consisted of dark colors. If she’s happy, her outfits will be bright, happy colors.
Here’s her deets and some outfit examples:

IVY CC

Her Extras:
She has Floral Tattoo Ink Multicolor and Nose Stud Silver.

Now that you’ve met the characters, here’s more about the story:

Title: Hidden Gems: The Trip of a Lifetime
Description (under 180 characters): Three childhood friends… One unforgettable trip… Each has a hidden agenda, each has a challenge, each is trying to find answers. But the biggest challenge they’ll face? Change.
Description (full): As Amanda, Ivy, and Jessinia celebrate senior year with a trip to Italy, they all have answers they have to to find. Amanda, trying to find out more about her past; Ivy, trying to see if their friendship will last in the real world; Jessinia, trying to bond with her separated parents. But throughout the duration of their trip, they find they will have to face a villain so diabolical, so fiendish, so… wicked, it’s almost not human. In fact, it’s not human at all. It’s change.
Genre: Drama

The story is told from three perspectives: Amanda’s, Ivy’s, and Jessinia’s.
They take the trip to Italy with their families. Amanda’s mother left the family and died in Italy, so she wants to find out more about what happened to her and possibly bond with family. Ivy has a lot of big plans and goals for the future and is very worried that the girls won’t be friends after college is over. Jessinia’s parents are separated, but she knows they still love each other and she wants what’s best for her younger sister.

The rules are simple!

• The maximum amount of entries is 5 outfits per character unless otherwise stated.

• There will be a first place for the best, overall outfit. There will be three second place winners, one for the best outfit on each character. Third place will be the winners of the special outfit challenge… :wink::wink: A special outfit challenge will be release on May 20th! And maybe another one on May 29rd! :wink::wink:

• Do not steal anyone’s outfits, there are many clothes in the catalog for you to make one yourself.

• You must have the outfit on somebody, whether it be yourself, a random character, a model, anyone. If you want to be able to picture the outfit on the specific character, then the details are provided above. Just sending the outfit info will not be accepted, the outfit has to be a picture of the outfit on a character or model along with the outfit info. You’ll also need to say what character the outfit is for.

• In your outfits, you must include the character’s extra details (e.g. tattoos, freckles, etc.).

• Not really a rule, but a little bit of encouragement: Your outfits are wonderful! Don’t compare yourself to others, you have your own style, and you own that style!

• The deadline for all outfits is June 20th! This gives you and your outfits plenty of time to shine! Subject to change depending on participation.

1st Place

Best Overall Outfit (1 Winner)

• 2 Custom Poses (4 people max per pose)
  • 2 Limb Overlays
  • 3 Character Cards
  • 2 Detail Cards
  • 1 Edit (3 people max)
  • 1 Character in a Major Role

2nd Place

Best Outfit Per Character (Excluding 1st Place Outfit; 3 Winners)

• 1 Custom Pose (4 people max)
  • 2 Limb Overlays
  • 1 Character Card
  • 1 Edit (2 people max)
  • 1 Character in a Major Role

3rd Place

Winners of Special Outfit Challenge(s)

• 1 Custom Pose (3 people max)
  • 1 Limb Overlay
  • 1 Character Card
  • 1 Detail Card
  • 1 Character in a Large Role

Honorable Mentions

Fantastic outfits that didn’t win, but still deserve a shoutout!

• 1 Limb Overlay
  • 1 Character in a Large Role
  • (if a Special Outfit Challenge) 1 Detail Card

And since everyone’s a winner in my books…
Everyone who didn’t win or get an honorable mention gets:

• A Role as a Minor Character in my story!

And everyone who participated gets:

• A Follow on IG
  • A spam of likes on IG and Forums

Everyone’s outfit will be used in my story!

I’ve updated some of my examples and changed styles a bit, so feel free to take a peek! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Click me!!

Custom Poses
This is my newest example

Here are some older examples:

Ignore the blurriness on them, they didn’t download properly :slightly_smiling_face:

Limb Overlays
Here’s my newest one!

Detail Cards
The detail cards are features in the “Meet the Characters” section, so take a look there to find them!

Edits
Can’t find my examples right now, but I’ll keep looking! I’m also transitioning edit-making apps and styles, so my examples might look a bit strange :woozy_face:

Not really examples, but roles you can get!
Major Roles (lots of speaking lines) - Amanda’s Cousin, Friend, Friend, Tour Guide
Large Roles (many speaking lines) - Driver, Front Desk Secretary
Minor Roles (some speaking lines) - Flight Attendants, Acquaintances, Shop Keepers, Waiters/Waitresses, DJ, Partygoers, Nurses, Doctor

Disclaimer: I am in the midst of changing editing apps, trying to learn how to draw, transitioning styles, and a bunch of other real life things, so examples are scarce as of now.

This is just my whole little rant of requirements :joy:

• This is set in summer, in Italy. It’s warm. Very warm. Please don’t dress them in winter coats, sweatpants, etc.

• These are the recommended occasions: casual, semi-formal, lazy day, shopping

• Your outfits don’t have to be in these occasions.
    • You don’t have to add what kind of outfit in your submission.
    • I will not take sleepwear or swimwear as an entry.
  • Since I will be holding multiple special contests with different themes, there may be some exceptions to these suggestions.

Entries:

• @/juliewrites
  • @/Dark_Clover21
  • @/Avags123
  • @/april_episode
  • @/tre.episodes
  • @/KylieJay
  • @/tre.episodes - Special Contest 1
  • @/miru_1298 - Special Contest 1
  • @/juliewrites - Special Contest 1
  • @/miru_1298
  • @/BLUEANDGREY

Possibly Entering:

• @/EpiCrazyKat
  • @/mary9
  • @/miru_1298
  • @/BLUEANDGREY
  • @/Zensthetic

Thank you so much for reading, hope you join! :blob_hearts:

For reading all this, I’ll give you all a cookie: :cookie: :joy:
If this flops, I’ll have to take my cookies back…

Special Contests

Special Contest Alert!

As promised, here’s the first special contest!
You can enter it whether or not you entered the original contest.
You can only enter with two outfits for this contest.
Please say that the outfits are for this specific contest if you plan to enter.

The Character:
Ava Sofia Armstrong

Nicknames: A, Aves
Birthday: September 28th
Sign: Libra
Parents: Lori Adams-Armstrong, Elliot David Armstrong
Sibling: Jessinia Christine Armstrong (21)

Style: Doesn’t really have one yet. She does love to be colorful. And loves green.
Personality: She’s funny and has an infectious laugh. She is very caring and sweet. She looks up to her older sister and always manages to find a light in the darkness.

Deets:
Female Soft Body - Neutral 05
Arched Natural - Black Dark
Curly Double Afro Puffs - Brown Black
Deepset Upturned Wide - Brown Deep
Diamond Long
Round Button Wide
Full Wide - Rose Light Nude Gloss

The Occasion:
Costume (princess, animals, superhero, etc.)
Also say what the costume is, please!

Good luck!

9 Likes

should I just post the outfits below?

1 Like

I may enter…I’m not too great at making outfits, but I enjoy making them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yup! :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll join tmr, Ima sleep rn :slightly_smiling_face::sparkles:

1 Like

Great! Good luck! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Hey can i join this contest ? :grin:
To be honest :wink: I am @mary9 and this is my mothers account :crazy_face:
I have my own outfit shop too :yum:

2 Likes

Hello! I’m on a forums break right now, but I can’t pass by this opportunity given how much I love designing outfits. It’s also a good stress reliever for me so…

Born to Be Fierce (Ivy)

With its halter top and loose snakeskin pants, this outfit has a jumpsuit-like style fit for both semi-formal events and everyday wear. The snakeskin pattern gives it a unique touch. Chunky boots and sleek jewelry enhance the look, and a watch is the perfect finishing touch: pretty but practical.

Breaking Boundaries (Ivy)

With its pinstripe pants + bralette combo, this outfit is a fashion game-changer. Accessorize with gold and neutral tones. A designer handbag comes into play with making this look truly pop.

I may be updating this post with new outfits in the future, so be on the lookout!

2 Likes

I have nothing to do so might as well join :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Bump!

I’ll join! provided I don’t forget lol

1 Like

i’ll join this contest

1 Like

Okies here I am with my entries
Will keep uploading more!

You said this is Italy so most of these are for warm climates

Outfits for Ivy
Basic Outdoors

A casual outfit for hanging out with friends or at home

Moody

You did say she wore black when she was angry…right?

Couch Potato

For when you wanna live on the couch and watch Hollywood Insider all day

Outfits For Jessinia
Fasionista

Makin’ heads turn since '99

At The Mall

No mam, she’s not a mannequin

atm 2

Comfort

Who said fashion and comfort don’t mix?

1 Like

Hi, Here are the outfits I created, I hope you like them :grin:
I have finished all of my 15 outfits (5 for each of the characters)
Sorry if the font on the character outfit details is weird, I can change it if you like, but that is the font that I need.
I hope you like them :blob_hearts:

Amanda

I tried to incorporate the fact you said she likes black and accessories

Jessinia

I tried to incorporate her black accessories and her party and modernistic look.

Ivy

I tried to show that she is stylish and modern but quite formal

1 Like

Bump!

Tags

@Ciley @Raitlyn @SaraSantini @Zensthetic @BLUEANDGREY @DanniEpi @NeahM @HazelBourne @blanche_writes @Star_Hunter

5 Likes

Reminders:
@EpiCrazyKat @april_episode @mary9 @KylieJay @miru_1298
The deadline is still 13 days left! If you need more time, just lmk!

I’ll be posting a special challenge soon :wink:

2 Likes

@scarlettm, I’m finally done :hugs: That took longer than I anticipated :computer_rage:

Amanda
1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Ivy
1st

Ivy Outfit1

2nd

3rd

4th

Jessinia
1st

Jessinia Outfit1

2nd

3rd

4th

Jessinia Outfit4

1 Like
Ivy

Jess

Manda

1 Like

i will join where’s my cookie :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy:

2 Likes

thanks for the tag! i would love to participate! please tag me as a reminder later on (I AM VERY LAZY AND FORGET PRETTY OFTEN :joy: )

1 Like