High fantasy: what do you want to see in a HF story?

i’m thinking of writing a high fantasy murder mystery story, but i’m a bit hesitant (even more so towards my victorian era murder mystery but that’s a story for another time).
anyway, what should I stray away from to not make it cliché? what are some things YOU would want to see in a high fantasy story? it could range from tropes to love interests to species, anything helps really.

2 Likes

I would love to see a great world build and some special physical rules for that specific world. :heart_eyes: Also that the different cultures and people are well developed with some history. Also magic/supernatural stuff :dizzy: + geographical places and buildings with some history.

Good luck! I personally think that high fantasy stories would be one of the most challenging to write but really fun! :star2:

4 Likes

thank you! i’ll take that into consideration :heart:
writing a high fantasy story on episode could prove to be quite the challenge but i’ve always wanted to read one so i thought eh, write the story you want to read

1 Like

I love hf, but what I love to see is pretty general. Just. More goblins. I love 'em. I guess it’s because I relate to them-- small green bastards unite.

I agree that writing high fantasy on episode is difficult, though. Honestly, if I can see/guess that there is logic behind the worldbuilding, I’ll probably love it lmao

2 Likes

i relate to goblins on a spiritual level
and okay then good to know!! i think im gonna stick to supernatural creatures that i can pull off as “human-looking” (regardless of skin colour and that) likes elves and fairies n shit but since those are SO popular in the hf genre i’m looking for some new species for diversity. djinns? angels and demons? i’m still trying to figure that out. might still include elves and fairies and witches though. but i think i’ll divide them into, like, “races”??

1 Like

Elves, vampires, angels, devils, gnomes, dwarves. There’s a bunch of you look in the DnD player handbook.

1 Like

cool thanks!

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about your story idea. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.