High school or adult life romances?

Do you guys prefer romance stories based in high school or adult life? Also, if you pick, why do you favour them? :thinking:

2 Likes

Adult life

I hate romance stories in school it’s so cleche and boring

5 Likes

Adult life

2 Likes

Depends, I’d say both as long as author sticks to limits. I don’t like too dramatic which happens often with both, too mature or too childish. I love that thin line between all of that if it makes sense.

3 Likes

Adult

1 Like

Adult

1 Like

honestly I prefer adult life stories. it just seems more relatable and real.

2 Likes

For me it kinda depends. I like both. There’s so much more some school romamces so it’s a bit of a cliche but it’s still fine when it’s done well. And adult stories are in a way better since there’s so many different kinds of adult stories.

Cuz usually high school stories are all almost the same in a way. But in adult stories usually every time you read a new story, the MC you’re playing as has a different job, so in thay way it already brings a lot more to adult love stories.

So I guess adult life is a bit more nicer to read and entertaining without all the teen drama. But then on the other hand since I’m almost an adult but still I can maybe relate little bit more to a high school romance. VERY very little tho.

But yeah for me it’s 50/50

3 Likes

college or adult life because thats my age group

Adults Romance because I work at a high school.

Adult life. They’re more emotional. Even tho I’m in highschool I feel connected with these stories more than highschool stories

3 Likes

I like both sometimes adult life is cliche especially CEO

1 Like

I like both the high school cliche is light when I’m in a good mood and the adult style when I need a good romance to snuggle up and read :grin::grin:

Adult life since there’s just so much more room for freedom and creativity.

Highschool ones are just wayyy too cliche and boring. I can’t–:sneezing_face:

1 Like

Adult

It 100% depends on how the author writes the love story. High-school or adult context doesn’t matter to me and I can find myself genuinely enjoying a high-school romance just as much as a adult one

3 Likes

Like the post above me said it really depends on how the author writes the love story.
I love both of them and it’s not just high school romances that are cliche adult ones can be too. Both have their own charm, in adult romances you usually have more mature characters while with high school ones you can have them act more cringy from time to time and they are allowed to make more mistakes.

1 Like

Adult life!!

Adult life… Because I’m an adult. But I still read both.

1 Like

Seriously! Not every adult has a Fortune 500 type of job. Not every adult has gone to college/university or even finished. Myself for example; I turn 29 this year, I went to college for one semester but decided not to continue in risk of not having so much debt like my older sister. I’m a school bus driver now and I work taking care of my elderly mother whom I also live with. I have a lot bills that I struggle to keep up with and I still have to make sure I’m personally cared for. You can’t get anymore realistic than that. It would be nice to read more stories of everyday life, but it is nice to escape reality every once in awhile.

3 Likes