High schools in america

I’ve gotten homework in all of my classes :woman_facepalming:t4: I take Entrepreneurship too so we have to present a lot.

oh and another thing.
everybody has the same classmates or you just share classes together?
cuz we have the same classmates for 4 years straight

1 Like

honors classes don’t always give homework. I hate honors and standard because those classes have a lot of disruptive students and I can’t ever focus, and also when a class doesn’t have work I get bored so I prefer classes with work lmao I sound like a nerd

2 Likes

different classes different students you can have some classes with the same students

2 Likes

Most classes have different people. I have some classes with freshman and seniors. Some of my classes just have sophomores.

2 Likes

which grade are you in?

1 Like

I’m a sophomore

1 Like

ooo i hated that year

1 Like

idk if it seems logic, but in my story, a few days after graduating, every senior year student is called in the school for an announcement

2 Likes

it all depends on where.
For example, that may be for your country, but in america, once you graduate you’re out

1 Like

ik, but this is just an exception

sorry for the stupid questions but it’s my first story and i’m really indecisive and perfectionist… xd :sweat_smile:

1 Like

you’re fine! I’m a perfectionist too so i totally understand

1 Like

you guys don’t have a cafeteria? where do you eat lunch? how do you eat lunch? :fearful:

2 Likes

From my experience:

• people take classes with different people, usually every class is a different group and contains people from several grades (unless it’s specifically a class for a certain grade level) and the people in the class changes unless all the classes are by grade and the school is very small
  • schools tend to have cafeterias which serve food, but these can vary a lot
  • classes tend to have unit quizzes/tests and finals each semester or analogous essays/projects
  • math classes that people are in are assigned based on how good they are
  • people can choose their electives and to a certain extent their classes
  • some students can take classes at their local college
  • AP classes work towards teaching to those tests at the end of the year
  • most high schools have lockers, but i’ve found a lot of people have heavy backpacks
  • specific dances tend to happen at different times in the year (homecoming is in early fall, winter formal is in winter (usually towards the end of semester 1) and prom (end semester 2) with potential dances for Halloween and spring)
  • there’s one big graduation ceremony at the end of the year to give graduating seniors diplomas
1 Like

no, we don’t have a cafeteria :joy:
we bring lunch bags from home and ususally eat sandwiches, or buy some junkfood :))

thank you! ^^
so people in classes don’t change and the classes are by grade if the school is small??

woah, that’s so weird to me. i live in europe too

1 Like

yeah? :open_mouth: where??

1 Like

how do u call teachers in high school? Miss, Ms, Mrs… + last name??