Homeschooling - Opinions?

I was afraid to start this thread because I was seriously terrified that some people might be like, “Home school kids are so weird!” And then that’d lead to something else.

I gotta have more faith XD

I’ve been wanting to start a topic and get more into these forums since I came, I’m just nervous XD

1 Like

I was kind of thinking people were going to reply with stuff like that, but it turns out that there are a lot more people like us than we think!

1 Like

I was homeschooled not by choice but had to do it so I can work and help my mom when I was younger. And I actually loved it. Now As a mother my self my children will be homeschooled as soon as they enter middle school.

2 Likes

Heard! It’s cool to have a parent’s insight. What’d you like most about homeschooling?

Thanks for telling this story, it’s really touching.

About that. I learned what social media is late too. I was the girl, that was always being outside and playing with myself and the nature, while others had their computers or other things. And I still am not really like others. It’s a wonder that I am here on the Forums (Before I got to know this Forum, I didn’t even know what a Forum is**)embarassing moment** ! :shushing_face:

Me too, I really enjoyed it and that’s why I wanted to thank you!
I hope I will see you here in the Forums in the future :slight_smile:

You don’t have to be sorry!!! It’s not because of you :joy: and it is just how it is…
I am glad that you have a good friend, you deserve one.

Yeah. That’s probably my biggest problem. I wish I could just jump from one continent to another. :thinking::pleading_face::sweat: That would make my life much easier, because I know some really nice people from the internet. I just feel that I need someone, that I can actually see…

That would be so amazing if that would be possible :pensive:. There are so many nice people all over the world that I would love to meet. But I can’t because they live to far away from me. If you would visit me, you would have to go to an other continet. :tired_face: My life just hates me sometimes.
I actually met my best freind from the internet 2 months ago. He lives with the car 160 hours away from me. He just had the chance to meet me, because his mother and he wanted to travel around the world for a while. So he flew to me on the plane.
Same with you, I hope I see you in the future again too.

And @Eva_Diva1 I wish you good luck and I hope everything goes well.

2 Likes

I was able to focus more. Since I’m ADHD. I would get distracted easily. And doing homeschooling, I was able to study at my own pace. And I actually learned more than when I was at school. At public school, I hated reading. But when I was homeschooled, I became to enjoy reading.

2 Likes

Similar! I used to think I hated reading until I wasn’t forced to read stories I didn’t like as much anymore.

I like hearing stories and experiencing them, just that reading is very very difficult for me. Words in general are just hard for me. To speak and everything.

Even reading for homeschool, I’d actually go online and listen to audio books while reading along. And if something wasn’t right with me, I just replayed the audio back and re read. Or I took a break and came back to it. My reading comprehension was always terrible.

My mom used to try to help me by getting easy to read books for me, and she’d tell me to read them and then she’d ask me questions. When I got none of them, she gave up like two days later XDXD

Yeah, I just can’t read the way other people want me to. I love episode because of the visual additions!

1 Like

I hope so too! You can message me at any time! If you ever need someone to talk to! :smile:

2 Likes

Yes! I always have the forum tab open when I’m on my computer lately. I think now I’ll be braver to post other stuff. <3

3 Likes

Good I’m glad!

1 Like