Honest art reviews

Hey guys so it’s Bhxddie here and I thought “hey why not open a thread to help out “beginners” with art”. I may not be an expert or a professional in art but I do know some things that can help you guys out. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi! So, I started doing edits and I have been practsing a bit, and I made this. I was wondering if you can tell me what you think about it and maybe give me some tips!

4 Likes

Ofc girl so first things first I frickin love the hair it’s just beautiful. Maybe try outlining the face better by turning the opacity down so you can get better drawn lips. I love the eye pupil it simply looks amazing. The face contour and blush should be blended in a little better so it doesn’t look like a light brown pinkish color. Maybe shine the hair and add long strands of hair

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

No problem :hugs:

Moved to Art Resources since Share Feedback is for story ideas and reviews. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Sydney :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is my most recent one ive done would love your feed back on it

Credit to pixbay for background and picsart for the coffee cup

2 Likes

For the clothing I suggest shading around the lines to make it look better. Like around these edges:

The hair is amazing but you can do strokes in between the hair lines like this just to make it look like actual natural hair you know:

You can contour the face around the cheekbone if you like and around the nose but it’s not a must.

But I must say this is outstanding I love it!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feed back i really appreciate it!!! i will def. try and work on those things. :grinning::blush:

2 Likes

No problem I hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you review this please? I’ve been working on it for a bit for an art trade

2 Likes

•Ofc hon. So the outline of the edit is pretty good but it can be better. Use a size like 4.5-8.6 size dip pen hard for the outline. The pupils look bomb asf. The eye outlines look off and look different from each other. Here’s a tip: to have the eyes look the exact same duplicate the layer and then switch the frame of it like this…

•The hair outline looks a bit weird and off but unique as well. You can get the hairstyle go a character and then trace that over.

•use the stabilizer go get straighter thicker lines

•the shading and contouring look a bit orange instead use this pallete, it helps you out with having either colors that look really light, dark or off.
(Used from Pinterest reference for colors)

•eyebrows should just be a straight line but thick too here’s a link to one of my tutorials I made
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-7iOMnuubJVxx4JbKDUZCT6fjQSNgb99
(It’s under eyebrows tutorial INK)

•The lips look uneven use the stabilizer and outline the lips over from the pic of the character you’re using

•The face shape looks wobbly maybe try outlining the face shape of the character you’re using.

•The nose looks crooked so trace that as well until you get the hang of it.

Overall the edit was beautiful and you should push yourself girl you can do it. Amazing job!:hugs::crazy_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

No problem! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, this is a cover I made. I’d love to know what you think. I know for certain that I’ll be editing the frame.

1 Like

I really like it, I’d have to say I’d never be able to do something like that. But the officer on the right looks a bit too blurry. But I love how the cover literally portrays the title. Idk if it’s just me but I only end up drawing covers I find it easier. It’s simply amazing nothing to correct just The blurriness and maybe add cop car light effects to the cover. Great job! :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right. I can try the cop lights thanks.
And haha I saw that everyone was doing drawn edits, so I wasn’t sure if you did um… “non-drawn”? :sweat_smile: I can’t think of the word, unless it’s edited. To be honest, I’d love to do drawn edits, I just don’t have the time.

1 Like

It’s fine :joy: :joy: we all have our own style and things we prefer differently no stress :joy: and I review edited covers too