Honest feedback: my second story

I’m curious how people like my story that I submitted into the OV contest. It’s the second story I’ve ever published on here and I’m not sure if I’m just missing the mark, or have a low read/retention count because I’m a new/unknown writer. Let me know what I’m missing in my stories or what you wished you could see more of. My first story is Stay the Nite, my second story is OV: JUNE.

Story link

My Instagram is @wonhe89 if you’d like to see a trailer for the story before you begin!!

7 Likes

Hey I can proofread your story if your interested . I’m a proofreader for this shop if you wanna go and fill out the form just make sure to blur the password and tag me when filling out the forum , if ur interested.

I really liked it! I’m a new author as well but I tried making friends and building a following way before I published though so that has helped me some. It is definitely way more active on Instagram than it is here, so try to comment on some reading lists

2 Likes

Also don’t worry about your reads. I’ve done it so many times and beat myself up about it. Then I walk away from my computer and suddenly they are up again. I’m currently having a slow read day so I know how it feels! It’s going to hit you when you least expect it.

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s really good advice. I do get caught up in my read counts and get super discouraged sometimes! I probably should just take a step back and just let things happen naturally, for my own sanity!

1 Like

Im glad you enjoyed it, I’ve been an Episode readers for years and just recently started publishing stories. I didn’t fully understand how much community interaction really helps with getting noticed in the app. I need to work on my Instagram skills and being more active in the community in general. Maybe I’m too focused on advertising myself and not giving enough back to the community? Thanks for the advice :heart: I appreciate it

1 Like

Hi !! I just read the three episodes and I was blown away by your directing. The intro is amazing, it really felt like I was playing a video game like Life is Strange ; and the smoothie mini game was super fun. The aesthetic also is gorgeous.

Everything got me super intrigued overall, I can’t wait to see more !! So good luck to you !!

2 Likes

Just came to say i love you allowed the player to change or turn off music during customization. Never seen that before and i think thats hella creative

2 Likes

Your story’s really great! :+1::+1::+1:
Can’t wait for the upcoming episodes.:blush:

And, good luck with the contest.:wink:

1 Like

I’m glad you liked what you read so far! I was honestly worried how people would like the smoothie game - I wasn’t sure if it was too boring or too long or short! Im glad you enjoyed it!!! It definitely has some Life is Strange elements with the photo aspect (and time traveling!) It will be a much different story line than that game, but I did get inspiration from it! Love that you noticed that! Thanks so much for your feedback :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for noticing the music aspect! It was pretty complicated to code - not going to lie! But once I was able to figure it out, it wasn’t too hard to incorporate. I was thinking of maybe starting an Instagram to release some of my codes? Maybe it can help other community writers add in some cool tappable elements into their games a little easier? Might be fun!

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to read it! I’m really glad you enjoyed it! I’m excited to release the next 3 episodes!!

1 Like

Hi @Won-he

I finished reading your story 3 chapter and i love it

The story was not long and boring . it was interesting since chapter is short. Also i love that you have added creative to menu at first being and also added music option that is really creative and also customize and much more on menu game .

I love that story shows about mc life she is struggling in life with her mom and what going on around her. I love that mini game is really fun . i love that she have her own book journey to read about her mom and her spending time. your story it feels like watching a movie . it is really interesting for readers.

The smoothie game was short not long but i love smoothie mini game .

Ever give up on story just because you gaining readers slowly. just do what best makes you happy.

i hope you win contest for own voices

2 Likes

:heart: everything you said has just made my day so much better! I seriously appreciate the feedback and I’m so glad you liked it!! Thank you :heart:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs: i am happy that i have made your day

your welcome and i love it :melting_face: can’t wait for new chapter to come with part 4

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.