But we’re on a-

ANNA
I know, could we end it early?

Later
They meet up and ANNA is holding a promposal sign

ANNA
Hey, E…

ANNA
I’m sorry you had to see Kalen kiss me. But I didn’t kiss back. Could you find it in your heart to forgive me and be my prom date?

ANNA
If you hesitate or say no, I’ll leave you alone and get out of your life.

ELI
I-I, Anna, this is…

ANNA drops the sign and flower and starts tearing up

ANNA
Okay then…

ANNA
I guess this is goodbye.

1 Like

Hm, this sounds like a middle school relationship :joy:. I ain’t hating but it brings back this couple I used to know. It was hilarious to watch but heartbreaking but funny :joy:. I don’t know what to say to be honest.

I assume they’re in high school? I feel like I would write it differently than what you have it as. But hey if you like it you like it :see_no_evil:. My opinion and I’m sorry if I offended you. By no means that wasn’t my intention :persevere:.

4 Likes

They are. And Anna only reacted that way because of her past, and how much she loves Eli (they’re both girls) btw

1 Like

Ooo, honestly I need to know more about the story and her past. But since I don’t know then - I suppose your dialogue is good :see_no_evil:.

1 Like

ANNA in her room

ANNA
(I hope she doesn’t turn me down…)

ANNA
(I’m so nervous!)

ANNA calls ELI

ELI
Yes?

ANNA
Could you meet me in a few?

ANNA
There’s something I wanna ask you!

ELI
But we’re on a-

ANNA
I know, could we end it early?

Later
They meet up and ANNA is holding a promposal sign

ANNA
Hey, E…

ANNA
I’m sorry you had to see Kalen kiss me. But I didn’t kiss back. Could you find it in your heart to forgive me and be my prom date?

ANNA
If you hesitate or say no, I’ll leave you alone and get out of your life.

ELI
I-I, Anna, this is…

ANNA drops the sign and flower and starts tearing up

ANNA
Okay then…

ANNA
I guess this is goodbye.

ANNA
Just know I love only you. And I’ll never fall in love again.

Sounds a bit cheesy…

And, I’ve read this story, so…

2 Likes

It’s a little too unrealistic for me.
Maybe if you worded it differently it would work but I find it kinda cheesy.
I wouldn’t make her threat whoever it is to be her prom date. Make her try to persuade her more and then she could say I guess this is goodbye then.
Good luck.

1 Like

She’s not threatening her, she speaking from her heart. They’ve gone through a lot before this scene

1 Like

Ah I can kinda visualise it now.
Based on how you described it now, I actually think readers will really connect with her and feel her pain.
Good luck babe.

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

kinda cheezy :angel:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.