Honest reviews for stories

So this was already on my list to read for Fantastical (and because of this I’ve only read episode 1, because your reads only count after Monday, so I’ll continue it then)

• I love that you start of with zooms, then sound and then a transition that isn’t a fade out - to me, having those 3 things within the first 30 seconds is like a way of showing you know what you’re doing, so it’s a really good first impression
  • I’m guessing the auditions were something to do with singing? Unless there’s a reason you didn’t reveal what the auditions were for, I’d try and slip that in there somewhere. Is it an audition to join something or to be showcased or?
  • You have a good selection of clothes, and it’s nice that we get to do our hair and lipstick
  • Ah, it’s an audition for a role in a musical
  • After Leslie says “no” in audition, the speech bubble tails all start to point down, so you need to just add a speechbubble reset command. I’m pretty sure this counts as a minor change, so it won’t affect the contest
    And that’s the end of episode 1. My overall thoughts are that I really like it and will continue. There isn’t much I can flaw tbh. But I just thought I’d point out in your description, you say Arion is ready to risk it all to make her dreams come true… I thought Arion was the male character, so it should be his dreams. And whilst on the topic of your story description, I didn’t find it represented wht I was reading. Idk if that’s just a case of because I only read the first episode, I guess I’ll find out when I read the rest on Monday :slightly_smiling_face:
3 Likes