Hello everyone! It’s the Turtle you all know and love. Thanks for clicking on this thread.
I’m starting a review thread on art so please feel free to drop it down for a review! I am honest and pay very close attention. I won’t sugar coat anything but I’ll say it in the nicest way possible (if that makes sense)
This is my opinion and outlook on things. Be sure to know that your artwork is BEAUTIFUL!! What I point out in this means this is what you could improve on. It does not, I repeat DOES NOT mean your art is bad and that there is anything wrong with it. Everyone does art in their own way, including me. These suggestions are supposed to be helpful, not hurtful. Please remember that.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get this show on the road!
I am trying to make edits. I just started last week, so I’m not very good but I would love for you to tell me what areas I should focus on improving! I already know the eyes lol, I am not good with eyes. Here is 2 of mine:
Let me know on this outline I did. What else can I improve?
here is it color I am not finished been playing with the hair to figure how to do it better.
here is one I did as a PFP contest.
@Kmayber. There was a multiple mix of errors, but also some great pros considering it’s your just starting out to make art! I numbered each one so you know what I’m talking about. Hopefully you can see it. I know my handwriting is trash. Sorry.
- The outline of the eyes are a little too big. I would suggest making the eyeliner a little bit bigger. Also, add more shinings to the eye and maybe put them on the pupil instead of beside it.
- Same with the lips. I would suggest putting the shade of the shine a light red, not white.
- You can barely see the shading of the neck, try putting the color a little bit darker so we can tell it’s shading.
- The little line is going slightly out the lining of the shirt. I would suggest go back and erase any extra lines.
- The breast line marking cleavage is a little on the high side, try connecting it to the rest of the shirt.
- I love the background you decided to put this as! It goes greatly with the colors of the rest on the outfit.
- I think what you are doing in #7 is drawing a line and then drawing over it. Try to aboid doing this. Most of the time it makes two separate lines together. I would suggest erasing the first mistake line and then redrawing it.
- Since the girl is facing right and not forward, try removing that extra nostril so it’s just the one.
- The eyebrows are a little bit too small.
- The hair goes off center a little bit from the rest of he parts. Try erasing one of the lines so it looks semetrical.
- The hoop earrings are beautifully drawn! To make this straighter, try using the circle ruler. Other then that, it looks amazing!
- The lips are a little bit too small.
- The breast line marking cleavage is a little too straight, try to make it curvier so it looks more realistic.
- Same with #4 in your last photo. I suggest going back and erasing any extra lines.
- The breasts don’t really line IOC with the rest of the photo, try making them a little bit flatter so it goes with the rest of the outline of this piece.
- The line marking her crop top is a little bit too straight. Try to make it more wavy for realism.
- I like how you added the text to the shirt! Gives it a bit of realism and adds uniqueness.
- The blush is perfectly shaded. Well done!
Extra: Try adding eyeshines. It gives it a more realistic approach.
Thank you for requesting a review! I loved your art and it’s wonderful for a beginner! Try turning up the stabilizer so the lines are more straight.
Thank you again for letting me review.
I’m scared lol
I’m trying to improve so this would help a lot
Hey there! Thank you for your time.
This s beyond gorgeous, do you use your finger or a pen, what program do you use?
That is amazing. I can’t even delete layer
Thank you so much, I will
@Maria.StoryWritter, here’s your art review!
- The lines are a bit out of place of the hair. If you want the hair to be like strands sticking out, I would suggest doing it the natural hair color which is red in this version.
- The skin shading isn’t the best but it’s certainly an improvement! I also love how you added the leopard print and you made it look real!
- There’s an anonymous dot right there. I would suggest going back and erasing those, but thy are fairly hard to catch so don’t beat yourself up.
- Around the Lips is a soft dark hard color and then on the inside is a soft Mocha. I would suggest keeping the lips the same color and then adding shading into it.
- I don’t know if that’s a glare or if that came from when you were putting on the hair.
- You made the bangs sort of looks like a square that’s separated from the hair. I would suggest removing the corner to make it look like the bang is part of the hair.
- Around the strands are white lines. I would suggest removing those and adding shading to the lines instead with a darker color.
- I think the nostril is a little too thick and connected to the rest of the nose. I would suggest replacing it with a small (but not too small) dot.
- The shading for the lips are a little choppy. I would suggest using actual shading instead of just a circle.
- He eyeshadow is a little hard. I would suggest using Gaussian Blur to make it look more realistic.
- I love how you added the pineapple necklace! It goes with the rest of the outfit and brings style.
- The cleavage lines are separated and there are two. I would suggest putting one line showing cleavage and connecting it to the top.
- I think this part of the shirt should be cover in pineapples as well! That’s just me though. If you did, be sure to make it in a different position pattern because the breasts make it more curves then the stomach.
- I don’t know if that’s anonymous line or if that’s the bellybutton. If it’s a random line, I would suggest removing it but if it’s a belly button, I would suggest moving lower.
- That tattoo looks a little pixilated. You would want to make sure that it looks as clear as possible to resemble an actual tattoo.
- The sparkles were a very nice touch! I would make a tiny suggestion to put some on the other side to have symmetry.
I hope this helped!
This is my second EVER
LL drawing and I would appreciate some feedback! This is for an art trade with @Atreus
Thank you so much. I just freaking love you. Yes, this helps so much. I will be redoing it with the pointers you just gave me. Everything you said made so much sense.
@Dark.Epy, here’s your art review! I messed up. The one that has two arrows is 7 and the other 7 is supposed to be 8. Sorry, I’m doing this at 11:00 pm.
- The shading for the hair is amazing! I wish I could do my hair like that!
- This part of the hair shading kinda troughs it off a bit. It goes vertical when the rest is going horizontal. I would suggest making that part horizontal with the rest.
- I see a little white part there. I’m guessing it’s from easing the white background with a different app. Be sure to make sure you get all he stray white lines.
- The lips are wonderfully shaded but good size! I love it.
- I love how you did the shading.
- At the bottom there’s a little space between the background and the actual art. Be sure you paste the art onto the background so there’s no pace between.
- The shading below the chin is wonderful! I would suggest making the neck shading a bit of a lighter tone then the below the chin one, but still enough to tell it’s shading.
- I am in love with the shirt! It matches the character and background perfectly. The shading for it is also amazing!
I hope that helped.
Omg! Thank you! I’m so happy to help.
@EpisodeGirl, here’s your review!
- I know it’s supposed to be from an angle, but I think this line is a little too long. I’d suggest shortening it just a tad.
- The eyebrows are a little uneven. The left is higher than the right. Try to make them just a little more level.
- I love the background! Especially the Eiffel Tower in it and hot she’s at a public place standing a a perfect view of it.
- That line, (total brain fart what it was called) it should be a little less curved and a little more diagnal but still have the sight curve.
- That’s the perfect place to put a watermark! Well done!
- The hair and hair shine is absolutely stunning!
- This is just me, but to make it look more like a mime, I would put white makeup to cover for realism, but this is still great!
- I love how you blurred the background.
- The contour is a little long. I’d suggest making it more round to fit the face and shape more.
- The breasts are a little bit uneven to each other and could be fixed by leveling them out.
- The knee is a very nice touch!
- The abs are a little small. Female anatomy has abs at the entire stomach for your picture. I’d suggest making them a bit bigger.
- The wrist is a tiny small. I’d suggest making it just a touch bigger. Just a tough.
- This part of the design of the shirt is high and a little thicker then the rest. I’d suggest you’d even it out.
I hope this helped.