HONEST REVIEWS - Share your stories with me

Puppy love REVIEW

So the first thing I thought when I read your title and description was “What the hell am I about to read?” But as I read it I was like “This is not bad”

I noticed that your characters are really similar to each other, I just think you should add more diversity, different kinds of people.

I love when people add text effects to their stories, I think it gives a perfect touch.

I think the first chapter was a bit short, I recommend you doing them 1500+ lines which would be an average chapter.

I feel the introduction a bit slow, you could make it faster.

In your author message at the end of chapter 2 you say “it’s he’s first time…” and “he’s” it’s a contraction for “he is” you should have used “his”.

Your directing it’s great, clean and it shows that you know what you are doing, congrats!

I’ve noticed some grammatical mistakes which were really clear, so be careful there.

I love the way you portrait Alli in a human body, it looks so accurate and she actually acts like a dog in a human body, it’s just great!

Overall I really think you need to make the episodes longer so you can get the readers more engaged with your story, I mean it’s a really weird and original plot and I think you could develop it in a really cool way, just take of the chapters length…

1 Like

Hi! I was wondering if you can give me some advice on how to make the arrival to the new realm better. I hope this isn’t too much work.

Taming Him REVIEW

Loved the way you started the story, it really caught me.

I was a little confused by the letter of my parents, I really didn’t understand that the first “dad” adopted Phoenix until she literally said it.

Besides that the first chapter did caught my attention while I was reading it, it was just a bit short, I know you say at the end that the next chapters will be longer, but remember that your first chapter is the most important one, it’s the one that makes you say I want to keep reading or not, so try making it a bit longer and don’t say that it’ll get better later, that only makes people leave your story, what the readers are looking is a story that is good since the beginig, so don’t say it will get longer or better, just do it.

Leaving aside the story I just love the names of everybody, they are not common at all! I mean Phoenix? It’s just beautiful and original, and then Summer and Ariadne? I LOVE IT!

The second chapter felt way better, the length perfect, and the directing clean.

There is a dialogue where you say “It’s you you should be worrying about”, maybe to avoid the double “you” and confusion you could change it to “You’re the one you should worry about” it sound better, and less confusing.

About the cover, it’s beautiful, It’s just the font, I can’t feel it, you can barely understand it, and it diminishes the quality of the cover

Overall it looks like a great story, I’m personally not a fan of the “being betrothed” stories, I find them silly, but this one really caught me, It’s really well developed and interesting, I am definitely continuing the story, congrats!

Try to make it more real, an advice, picture yourself as if you were the character, what would be your reaction? how would you feel?
When Aria arrives she is confused, but then she looks like “whatever” and I don’t think that would happen with anyone, try screams, questions, denial, panic, play with the emotions of Aria and always compare it to the reality and how would you feel in that situation.

That helps a lot, thank you!

Title: Love In Vain
Author: agustinaofficial
Genre: Romance
Number of episodes: 3
Description: Caterina Sinclair, boss of the most dangerous mob, has two gorgeous guys falling at her feet. Will she love one of them back? Or will their love be completely pointless?
Link:http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4549754401193984
Cover:

Yey thank you so much. I’ll be working the grammar errors. I would also try to make longer episodes next time. :sweat_smile::heart:

1 Like

Wow thank you so much for this review. I love how it’s so detailed and you’re very specific about what I can improve on, so now I know exactly what to do. Thank you so much again and you are so amazing for doing this xxx

1 Like

I would love a review please as I dont know why reads are so low I have tried everything to try and get them up
Tales from a Russian muffin
Lorraine85667
Ink

A hilarious romp with Vlad, a cheesy, well-endowed Russian guy and his wing-man. Tell all the sexy ladies that the Italian Stallion and the Russian Muffin are on the prowl!

Hi! Thank for creating this thread!
My story : Let the demon inside
Author: Nierido
Genre: Supernatural romance
Number of episodes:4
Description: You have to move back to Dimwood. What will you find there? Love, death or supernatural friends?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4876381520789504

Heroes REVIEW

Ok, so I started and the MC literally just popped out of nowhere said something and then magically appeared in another place.

She is with her dad and the dad is way shorter than her.

The dialogues are like cut in half and pulled apart. IT IS REALLY CONFUSING!

Try using animations in every single dialogue!

The scenes literally change so randomly that my eyes hurt.

Your grammar and spelling is a mess.

The first chapter didn’t last a complete minute! I still don’t get how did you manage to do 400 lines for a chapter that small. An average chapter is still 1500 lines

I’m gonna be honest with you, if you don’t know at least the basics of directing don’t publish a story. There are way to many things you need to improve in your story. I couldn’t even read the second chapter, I know you are still learning, but you need to make sure you know everything before publishing a story.

1 Like

Recovery REVIEW

So you start with an author message and it’s okay if you want to put one, but do it at the end, remember that your first chapter is the most important one and it should catch the attention of the reader in the first 20 lines of it, so I recommend you to move that to the end of the chapter.

As another comment for your author message, I recommend you not to tell “It will get better” or things related to that, like the “I’m still learning”, it’s okay that you are still doing it, but don’t say it in the first chapter, there are a lot of readers that quit stories because they say things like “It will get better” so try to avoid anything similar to it.

I like how you start the story, with little flashbacks, it really gets my attention.

The design of the MC is beautiful.

I agree with the MC when she says that high school it’s not the best part of life lol.

So the cliffhanger of your fist chapter it’s a little weak, it doesn’t really makes me wanna keep reading it.

Your first chapter is way too short, I’m guessing 400 lines, and I know that’s the minimum to publish, but in reality it’s nothing, I recommend you doing your chapters 1500+ lines, which would be an average chapter, not too short and not too long.

You have a really nice directing, it’s simple, but clean, without errors, I love it.

The part when the mom of the MC asks her about how often does she want to see her dad it’s a little weird, I mean, I couldn’t really feel it, it seemed like something was off, I was just with a question mark face, and then the mom it’s just like “I’ll figure something out” and goes away, that really creeped me out for some reason.

So I just finished chapter 3 and I’m confused, what’s the story? I really don’t get it, what’s the main plot? All I can see in the first tree chapters is a girl with trouble in her house, but what else? What’s the main problem? Where is the drama?

I love how the MC is such a relatable person, besides de family problems, she is just great, I love her.

I noticed that there is not a lot of diversity in the characters, so you should work on that, because believe me, it’s really noticeable…

The dialogues are really good, they are not plain and they kinda get you into the story.

Good work with the choices, I actually don’t care if there are any choices in a story, they are irrelevant to me when I’m judging a story, but there are people who actually get annoyed when there are no choices or not too many of them, so as an advice try adding more choices to get more readers.

I love the way you use sounds in your story, they are always perfect timed with the moment!

The moment the mom kicked the dad out of the house! IT WAS GREAT AND IT MADE ME SO HAPPY!

Overall I think you have a good baseline for your story, but that’s it, you need to work with the developing of your story a bit more, and make your chapters longer, they are too short! Also there’s the cliffhanger thing, they are too weak, I think you could add way more drama into the story, for example you could end the first chapter with the father beating the MC and she is like thinking “Stop, stop” and then you end the chapter there, right in the middle of the beating, that’s more interesting and makes you wanna stay and keep reading.

I will work on It thanks

Here are the deets for my story :two_hearts:

Title: From This Day Forward
Author: goth.gaia
Genre: Romance.
Number of episodes: 6 (ongoing)
Description: After your disastrous wedding day, you decide to start fresh: new city, new you, no drama- or so you hoped. Will you say “I do” to the chaos or leave it at the altar? CC
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5073385564536832
Cover:

I don’t have an IG, so I can’t follow you. I hope that’s okay :worried: I’ll definitely check your story out though.
Thank you!

Hey there!

Thanks for making this thread! :blush:

A few days ago I published my first story. I would appreciate it if you read it and give me your genuine feedback. :nerd_face:

Any recommendations/improvements are more than welcome.

Thank you in advance.

P.S: English isn’t my first language, but I’m trying my best.

Title: Different Worlds
Author: dkr_episodes
Genre: Rom-Com
Number of episodes: 6
Description: That sassy mouth of yours, puts you in more trouble than you thought. Especially since Gabe Milinghton, a sexy jerk, has set his eyes on you. This ain’t gonna be good, honey.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5829240774459392

Hi @paumarr. I don’t mean to seem rude or anything but have you forgotten about my request? I’m not on the waiting list and my review is before some of the ones which have been completed. Sorry if I come across impatient. :see_no_evil::blush:

Oh no! I’m so sorry :confounded:, sometimes I get confused with all the thread and stuff, I’ll add you right away! I’m really sorry…

Great, it’s fine. I understand. :blush:

Hello everyone.
Check My Story! And please leave me some feedback on my fanmail. I will do the same (-:
Title: The Girl He Never Noticed
Author: muriel.stories
Style: Ink
Genre: Romance and Drama
Chapters: 3 (ongoing, coming very soon)
Description: Enjoy reading the story of Eros and Jade in ‘THE GIRL HE NEVER NOTICED.’ Join them in their journey overcoming the shadows of their pasts, and finally finding love and happiness…
Link:

Hey!
I would love you to take a look at my story. It is my very first experience with Episode writing so any feedback is great!

Title: Teacher or Queen? (Drama)
Author: Mystique

Extra comment: I have only published the first episode to get first impression feedback. There is no description or cover - I will add everything later when I know if the story is worthy continuing or if I need to make any major changes. I believe that the first chapter is the most important one so I want to make it perfect.

Thank you!