Honesty Please <3

So. As a person whose been practicing for a few months, I’m no professional, but I used to write love stories back in the day that were really good and pretty popular so I had hope I would be able to maybe try writing a mystery…

But the questions I have, which there are many, start as - does anyone even want to read a mystery anymore? I love a good detective story with a deep core, but they’re never really… “popular”… And if no one’s interested why am I wasting my time? But if you guys are I promise you I’m gonna try to bring it with this story.

• Three lines of story for each available gender.
  • Customizable characters
  • Oh yeah, three more lines for pronouns (she/her, he/him, they/them)(if i need more please inform me i don’t mean any offense i love you all<3)
  • Multiple endings
  • Multiple choices
  • Point systems
  • Oh, and also two more lines for the different gendered lovers (; )
  • yes im gonna want to be a hermit after coding all of this but i feel its gonna be worth it

If anyone wants the plot lmk, i just don’t feel obligated to throw it out there. Only if y’all want. But is it something worth coding? long way of asking that question, I’m sorry… lol /:

2 Likes

I’m a mystery buff. People do like mystery, but yes, it’s under-read compared to romance, drama, ect.

It’s also very sweet of you to go out of your way to have the reader be able to be whatever gender and sexuality they want. I just know that was hard to code.

I’ll definitely check out your story once you publish or even beta read :white_heart:

3 Likes

I would appreciate that so much :sob:

1 Like

I’m not generally into mystery myself (at least not as the main genre anyways with the current exceptions being LOST and Mystery On Hanging Hill Lane) but I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the amount of times I’ve seen people looking for good mystery stories to read + the amount of mystery stories they can recommend to one another on here and other platforms. :flushed:
I tend to read stories if people say they’re good though, regardless of their genre which is how I came to read those two mystery stories stated above, including other good stories that had mystery as a secondary or sub-genre like SHREW and Act of Vengeance for example.
I would link you to a bunch of posts outside of this platform asking for mystery recs but I don’t think I’m allowed to baha, but searching for them might make you feel more inspired and motivated!

So, I do think there’s hope for your story! (: You should definitely go for it if you’re feeling the plot.
I wish you luck with it.

2 Likes

I love mystery and I’m writing one myself atm, they certainly arent as popular as other genres but i think its definitely worth writing one if thats what you wanna do. I’d totally read it, i love the idea of giving the reader so many options in terms of gender and sexuality.

3 Likes

Definitely reading. Love mysteries!! I think you should give it a shot. While it’s definitely not as popular as romance, there are many popular mystery stories and people do read it. As long as you have good directing and a good plot, it should be fine

1 Like

@willowkayyy @schittwriter @Lxyi

Thank you all so much :sob: I’m really hoping it all works out !

3 Likes

No worries!

1 Like

I would definitely like to read it if you do end up coding it and making a story. If you need a proof reader I can help you on that , I wish you the best of luck :blob_hearts: .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.