How and when in Limelight?

Hi so , currently I am writing a fresh new story in Limelight. I love that. But while editing and coding , I am baffled in the ampersand code. I entered the “&” code and it doesn’t really show error but when previewing nothing really shows. I even changed “&” into “@” but the hugging scene just skips. I am stucked.

_So where I went wrong ? Please help! _
_Also , the hugging isn’t perfect as well. _

_Here’s how I entered : _

&character starts hug_neutral_loop_rear
@character starts hug_neutral

Thank you!

Check out this on hugging: 💋 HOW TO: Hug and Kiss (Ink & LL)

You can pause for how long they’re doing the action for by writing @pause for S under the hugging command(s)

Replace S with a number though (in seconds, 0.1 and up)

Examples:

@pause for 3
@pause for 2.4
@pause for 0.7
…and so forth…

And to understand the difference between @ and & check out: DARA’S GUIDE: Script Symbols/Commands and What They're Used For

1 Like

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Try this:
&CHARACTER is hug_neutral_loop_rear
@CHARACTER is hug_neutral

(NOTE: Don’t forget to put the name in capitals.)

1 Like

Instead of starts put is

If this is at the end of a scene it will generally skip any animation that has starts if you’re not using a transition out, pauses or narration/dialog. By using is I find there is at least a “beat” before the anmiation ends. I hope that made sense lol

1 Like

Hey. Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Yup. done that. Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

@HE starts hug_neutral_loop_rear AND HE faces left AND HE moves to layer 2 AND SHE starts hug_neutral AND SHE faces left AND SHE moves to layer 0
@pause for 2

This is the code I always use and it works perfectly.
`

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.