How can I fix "you cannot have a label inside if/then statements of {}"

please help lol I have no clue how do fix this and it is really stressing me out and I want to be able to do this template made by dara amarie! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The only thing I can think of would be to try indenting it :woman_shrugging:t2: It seems like it would be too simple but honestly sometimes it makes a difference

@Dara.Amarie can probably help you figure it out? Maybe?

Did you put the template inside of a choice or if/elif/else statement? Labels can’t be inside of brackets. You have to place the template outside of the choice and add a different label right before the template and then a goto inside of the choice.

NARRATOR
Do you want to change your outfit?

choice
“Yes” {
goto outfit_change_game
} “No” {
goto after_game
}

label outfit_change_game

#outfit template here

label after_game

#continue story here

2 Likes

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

@Dara.Amarie
&overlay MIRROR_STAND_BUTTON create and overlay MIRROR_STAND_BUTTON to layer 15 and overlay MIRROR_STAND_BUTTON opacity 0 in 0 and overlay MIRROR_STAND_BUTTON shifts to 175 46 in 0 and overlay MIRROR_STAND_BUTTON scales to 1.0 1.0 in 0
label start_outfit
&overlay ARROW_RIGHT opacity 1 in 0.3 and overlay ARROW_LEFT opacity 1 in 0.3
@speechbubble reset
@GIRL starts idle and MIRRORTWIN starts idle
@MIRRORTWIN changes into MIRRORTWIN_default
^this is what I have in the scrpt but the label is apparently wrong lol.

i tried that and it didnt work haha

1 Like

The label is correct. You’re getting that error message because you must have added the template inside of a choice or if/elif/else, in which case this template cannot be inside of a choice or if/elif/else because this template has labels and labels can’t be inside of brackets.

oh ok I know what you mean because I put it in a tappable template the I created! thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.