How can I get reads?

Hi. I have been working on my story for 2 years now. I don’t want to put my all into it and not get the reads I deserve. How can I get alot of people to read my story as soon as I publish it? I want to get more familiar within the community as well. If anyone is interested in Being my co-author, I am accepting requests. Can anyone reading this please take the time to follow my instagram: babydoll.berry Thank you, love. <3

4 Likes

I know the feeling of 0 reads… I am still low but this is my method… I am getting my friends who have episode to read my story and if they like it share it with their friends and so forth… Then yeah… You get reads lifted. :3

2 Likes

Drop you story details in topic lik3
I want to read your stories
R4r
You need to have patience though :upside_down_face: and you can even make thread for promoting my story or r4r or I published my first story , go read it :upside_down_face:

General chat , or hey I am new , or wanna be friends ? Type of thread will work
Also the forum games and RPS are useful or maybe the weedings :joy: (I meet my forum family through someone’s weeding :smirk:)

Hello @TiaB, this is Sydney the Moderator! Welcome to the forums. :smiley: I’ve moved this topic to Episode Fan Community since it doesn’t fit into any of the Creator’s Corner subcategories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

I recommend publishing on a consistent basis, either once a week, every other week- or three episodes once a month. It’s all up to your pace of writing. You’ll want to publish at a safe pace, so that you keep ‘dedicated’ readers, but not so quickly that you can’t publish regularly anymore.

(dedicated readers being readers who continue to read your story)

As mentioned above, read for reads are good to get some tips on how to improve your story and reads. However, after awhile read for reads hurt your reader retention (the system that pushes your story to higher in the ranks, thus attracting more readers).

4 Likes

Thank you That’s A good Idea. But I don’t Have Friends. At least not in Real life.

Okay. True Read For Read. Thats A good Idea. <3

true… Wow… Your’e right you just made so much sense but thank you for the suggestion.

1 Like

I would love to read your story and mention it

1 Like

wow! Same Here! I can Relate to everything you just said! I wish i Had help. @epi.ms

Thank You @maddy_roleplayz Do you Have A social Media? If so Can I add you?

My insta episode_lover1027

1 Like

@maddy_roleplayz I followed you.

Cool

1 Like

**Does anyone have any tips for getting more readers. I recently published a story two weeks ago. It has 4 chapters with 21 reader but those reads are r4r. Can anyone give me any tips on how to get readers?

This is my story cover and link btw!
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5513824905330688**

• Read For Reads
  • Reviews (this provides potential readers with the information they need that could possibly lead to them reading your story and it also lets you know what you could possibly change to improve)
  • Instagram - the Episode community is hugely active on Instagram. Promote your story on there and use all the Episode hastags (there are loads).
  • Use tags like: pregnancy, bad boy, gang, etc. because they’re all what the most popular stories are about, so when people search those key words, your story will come up.
  • Follow a bunch of randoms on the app so that they will get a notification, click on your profile and maybe they’ll be drawn in by your title/cover?
  • Add the links to your story in your forums account profile and insta if you have it
1 Like

Thank you :heart:
-My only problem with the read for reads is that they only read an agreed amount and then they stop so technically I have no loyal readers lol
-I do have an instagram and people tend to like my pictures but do not read my story.
-I feel like I’ve seen stories worst than mine with a lot of reads so its just frustrating lol.

3 Likes

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Although read for reads aren’t great for reader rentention when people don’t continue your story, some enjoy your story enough to continue. It takes a while but it’s a great way to start off.

Clichés tend to do better, directed well or written well doesn’t matter sometimes. I can understand the frustration when this happens but it happens.

Instagram is honestly the best place to promote. It just takes one person to see your post from a hashtag, be intrigued by your post and read your story. 1 loyal fan turns to 2 loyal fans and so on.

Here is a screenshot of the hastags I use

Not the last 3 though as those are personal to my own story!

As your story is ink you can use the INK hashtags, fantasy hashtags etc in place of the limelight and drama and romance ones.

Accumulating reads can take a long time, it doesn’t just happen. Don’t give up, keep writing the best you can and the reward will soon appear :slight_smile:

1 Like