How can I improve?

So I’ve been wanting to make some ink artwork and I think I’ve gotten better than at the start but I don’t see a mass change and improvement because I’ve basically been doing the same thing.
So I need some criticism. If you have a little secret then pls tell, if you have some special brushes pls tell. I really want to improve🥺

pls be honest and don’t hold back with the feedback

My latest example

(I use ibispaintX )

1 Like

Well first you should use dip pen hard for the outline

5 Likes

I already do that😂
I just don’t use the outline in the final product

The outline is suppose to be on it like this

5 Likes

If you don’t want the outline in the final product try going over it on different layers, and going over the outline a few shades darker than the colour of the skin, clothing, hair etc.
Then use blend to gradually blend it with the skin, you might need to repeat it a few times by duplicating the layers of the coloured outline before blending.

1 Like

For eyes, use the airbrush on a very low size and zoom right into the eye. Choose multiple shades of the eye colour and add some thin lines in to make them seem a little realer (if that makes sense) you could also use the dip hard pen on a low opacity.

1 Like

Use different tones of the hair colour for highlights and all.
And if using a hair brush do all the hair with it.
Play around with the opacity a bit too.
(I find that -i think it might be- flat brush round? Or something, works really well for hair, if used with a hair brush)

Also try doing the strokes in the same way unless it’s for strandy bits.

1 Like

Where is the blend? Like I know where the blur and smudge are but the blend…

:woman_facepalming:I meant blur :joy:
I don’t use ibis paint x as much as I used to because I recently got procreate.

1 Like