How can I know where to get backgrounds/ which places can I get backgrounds from?

Where can I get free backgrounds?
How do I know I can use them?

1 Like

Hey! There are plenty of people who do free backgrounds (you just have to credit them). Episode Life has some backgrounds!

On Pinterest, there’s a lot of backgrounds! I have a whole board filled with realistic backgrounds, so if you want to check it out, PM me :smiley:

6 Likes

I usually get mine from @/catthegirl and @/amepisode. The realistic ones I get mostly from Unsplash.com , as it has copyright free pictures /photos.

2 Likes

1 Like

Pixabay has free use backgrounds

1 Like

No not Pinterest do not use pinterest,

Evrything on Pinterest is stolen from other websites. And is usally copyrighted. Using anything copyrighted is against the rules of episode, because using copyrighted art is basicly stealing

6 Likes

Before I use the backgrounds I always try find where they’re from and see if they’re allowed to be used.

I do my research! Thank you.

2 Likes

Still dont tell people they Van use Pinterest. Many people dont ger they have to find original artist, and get permission to use. They just take the art and use it

2 Likes

I also use pixabay as well as pexels (also no copyright).

2 Likes

I did write there to PM me about the board I have. Anyone who’s serious about writing does research before hand with whatever they’re doing.

1 Like

You would be surprise how many people just use art they find online, espically on Pinterest. Many people dont know they cant just use that art they find.

You have too much trust in people that they will do reserch. Yes its a thing you should do as an author, but the case is most people here arent authors they are teens writhing stories for fun.

3 Likes

you can also search art shops on here or search ultimate backgrounds for a list

What do you search on the realistic ones?

1 Like

You can also look up the drives of background creators like @/CinnamonToast @/FlowerGriefer and @/Luna_epsd but make sure you read their terms and other info b4 use!

1 Like

here is a thread of all background creators

1 Like

Whatever I am interested in finding. If I want a bedroom background, I just type bedroom and there’s a bunch of photos tagged as bedroom. :slight_smile: I hope that’s what you were asking lol.

2 Likes

Yeah Bc when it comes to stuff my brain freezes and I can’t think but yeah thanks

1 Like