How can i make overlay drive slow and then fast?

so how can i make overlay go normal driving while auther say what it has to say and then to make car go fast and make it out of scene and end it do you by any chance know how to code that help please

You can use a looping background. Just place the car in the middle of the background or something. And the when you’re done with the dialogue, spot direct the car out of the screen and then end the scene.

You can find looping backgrounds in the Episode art catalog, and you can use the spot directing tool which appears when you preview the story. Just shift it off the screen to show it moving fast.

1 Like

okay i am sorry if i ask for a lot but can you show me an eximple how could i code that :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:

Well, it depends on what looping background you’re using. You probably need a road looping background since it’s a car scene. Which background would you like?

1 Like

road looping night

Okay, and what car overlay would you like? There are multiple options in the art catalog of episode.

i didn’t use car overlay from episode i did make overlay some black car but just in case i am going to check the name of the background that i was using

If you made your own car overlay, you need to wait for it to be approved on your device, I won’t be able to help with that. But if you’re using a car overlay from episode, I can do that. Here are some options if you want to see.

You need a full car since it’s gonna go off the screen, not just a front or side view.

car angel silver

Okay, got it. But what looping background were you talking about? Because I can’t find it in the catalog.

ext.city highway is background

Alright, got it. Give me a few minutes.

1 Like

okay

Night or day?

night

I have a scene in my story do you want to see it? (I’ll share my coding with u)

2 Likes

sure you can dm me and share it thank you so much

1 Like

Hi! Here’s the template:

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - NIGHT with CAR ANGLE SILVER
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -320 -61 in zone 1 AND overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 1.000 1.000 AND overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER moves to layer 5
&DEJA spot 1.011 109 -71 in zone 1 AND DEJA moves to layer 3 AND DEJA faces right
&VINNIE spot 1.114 195 -111 in zone 1 AND VINNIE moves to layer 3 AND VINNIE faces right

readerMessage | bold | Spot template by @Melish.Episode
VINNIE (talk_neutral)
Add some words.

DEJA (talk_neutral)
Add some words.

VINNIE (talk_neutral)
Add some words.

DEJA (talk_neutral)
Add some words.
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to 50 -85 in zone 2 in 3 using easeout AND VINNIE walks to spot 1.114 125 -112 in zone 2 in 0.5 AND VINNIE is idle AND DEJA walks to spot 1.011 140 -61 in zone 2 in 0.7 AND DEJA is idle

I just made this template so please give credit. I’ve already built the credits into the scene, so please don’t remove that. I hope this is helpful!

3 Likes

okay i will give a credit thank you just tell me the instagram account so i can credit you

You don’t need to credit, the credits are already built into the template. Just don’t change that and keep it that way. Also, replace ‘Vinnie’ with your male character, and ‘Deja’ with your female character.

And you’re welcome! :blob_hearts:

2 Likes