How Can We Fix The Mess That Is The Trending Section?

You guys need to stop talking about babying 13 year olds and blah blah blah. If 13 year olds were meant to see any sexual ads or whatever, there never would’ve been an age restriction. I agree that 13 year olds are not babies but just because they’re not babies it doesn’t mean we should help encourage them to see many sexual things. If they go and do it on their own, then fine. But we shouldn’t be encouraging anything.

12 Likes

And so was I

1 Like

I don’t think they are encouraging anything, I just think they are doing what is needed to get money.

2 Likes

I get that and that’s what I also think they’re doing. Doesn’t mean it’s right though.

2 Likes

@Hila @AMagic
You two are clearly missing the point.

A reminder;

As the title states. This thread is about the cover art in the trending section.
Taking about ads or talking about ‘babying 13 year olds’ is off-topic. If you want to discuss that then don’t do it on this thread. Thank you.

6 Likes

Never said it was right, I don’t even really have a probably, you have to income somehow.

I get “the point” .Plus we stopped talking about that, some time ago.

It is not “off topic” it goes hand in hand with this.

And I 100% get the point. The point is y’all are beating a dead horse, once again.

3 Likes

I literally don’t care how exposed I am to sexual content. It even makes me uncomfortable to see a persisting pattern within the trending community. Both story-wise, and cover wise. I’d like to open my phone in public and browse through the trending section but I can’t because of how ridiculously sexualized a LOT of the covers are. It’s annoying, and it’s a huge mess. Big mess. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

12 Likes

Literally! I want nothing more to ignore it but that genuinely becomes close to impossible. It’s not even only an issue within the romance section, it happens everywhere. Even the freaking fantasy section with the oversexualized “hot” vampires. :confounded: Lord give me strength…

6 Likes

It’s not “beating a dead horse”. Just because something has been a certain way for a long time, it doesn’t mean we can’t advocate for change and find solutions. We shouldn’t just stop caring that there are so many over-sexualised covers in the trending section because believe it or not we don’t just have 13+ visiting the app. No matter how “mature” you think them to be, Episode still has a very young demographic.

I think that Episode needs to be stricter in enforcing these guidelines within the community. They can’t just give a jail-free card randomly to big-time authors or any author that is raking in reads.

11 Likes

True, but still. This same thread has been made for years now. This same complaint has been around for years. It is beating a dead horse.

No matter how much you guys complain people are still gonna do it. It’s not gonna go away. Like I said, don’t like the sexual covers, ignore them. Episode isn’t just 13 year olds. Adults read it too.

2 Likes

You want to know why cringey stories with sexual covers and intense romance/sex plots sell so well?

Because the app is mostly suitable for young hormonal teenagers in the heights of puberty.

No, it is not a “kids app”. 13-year-olds are not toddlers, so stop treating them as such. Clearly they know damn well what sex is and where babies come from because if they didn’t, they’d clearly be uneducated for their age (and for today’s world).

Hell, even among adults, romance and sex sell well. It’s all about preferences, and I know for a fact that the majority of users in the entertainment field enjoy romantic and sexual themes.

Even if the title, description or covers are misleading, they work as click bait, and people love to use click bait to get more reads on their stories. It’s simple logic.

I don’t believe there is any way to “fix” such things, even though I do agree with the need for it to some extent. It’s simply how people are and what they prefer, but like the crazy capitalistic world we live in, the authorities won’t give a damn about what is appropriate and what isn’t, as long as they get traffic from their users/consumers. Indeed, it’s a sad world.

This is why I skip through these stories and continue reading what I actually enjoy. I don’t understand why people deliberately read content they don’t enjoy just to judge and hate on it while also contributing to the story’s read count, then complain about the high amount of reads all over again. It’s ridiculous.

6 Likes

Complaining about people complaining about overkill of sexual content in Episode isn’t going to stop people from doing it. Don’t like reading these threads? Ignore it.

12 Likes

SIGN ME TF UP

9 Likes

:wink: Of course! I just need an artist who can make sexy art :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t4::raising_hand_woman:t4::raising_hand_woman:t4:

3 Likes

You’ve seen my editing skills. Hmu if ya need me.

3 Likes

PREACH IT :clap:

(body seems unclear)

1 Like

touché

2 Likes