How Can We Fix The Mess That Is The Trending Section?

i’m so glad that this topic was made bc omg this has actually gone completely too far. it’s a fact that at least the top 20 stories in the trending section have suggestive images of sex on the covers.
but episode is never going to say anything because these authors make them money. :woman_shrugging: it’s a wretched cycle.

@amberose has the highest episode IQ to date. this is actually such a good idea and i’m 1000% down if you’re really doing this :joy::crazy_face:

6 Likes

Oh we are. I’ll tag everyone who liked my comment because all those likes were just encouragement to me

4 Likes

Okay, I’m a mom so obviously I’m not innocent at all lol They don’t bother me personally to see them.

But the thing is, kids under 13 read episode too. I found out months ago that my eleven year old niece and her friends were reading. I personally don’t want her to see people exposing themselves just to get a read. Yeah, people are horny. We cant stop sex scenes in episodes that break the guidelines, only episode can do that. But I dont want her to think that the only way she can get with somebody is to be provocative when she has this amazing personality. Children are very impressionable, even in their teenage years.

@amberose I’m 100000% on board with this plan though lmao

7 Likes

I willingly volunteer as tribute

4 Likes

Same I want to join you.

4 Likes

How Can We Fix The Mess That Is The Trending Section?

You can’t.

3 Likes

angry1

17 Likes

Idk I have this feeling they’d actually welcome 100 trashy stories if it generates revenue and has good engagement.

8 Likes

I rarely look at the trending section and was honestly surprised when I opened it up and saw all the sexy covers. My first thought was, dang, I need a sexier cover! And then since my mom was sitting right next to me, I blushed slightly as I scrolled to show her what I wanted to show her.

I haven’t been on the forums long, and it’s been a pretty big shock to me just because I’m so used to hearing the opposite of everything that is said on here.

There is such a big community of people who want less romance and sexy stuff here, but with my followers and ppl I follow on instagram, its ALL about wanting more sexy stuff?

So that’s why I don’t think this is going to be fixed. There are just so many people who love those sexy covers.

As for the young kids on here… I hope they have family who are also teaching them how to respect themselves and not just leaving it up to the app they are playing.

11 Likes

I’m 13 myself, and I try to avoid the trending section as much as possible. I’ve seen some comments saying that 13 year olds aren’t toddlers and shouldn’t have to be babied, but I personally think that it depends on the 13 year old. Some 13 year olds are mature and think before they act, but some others can be immature and irresponsible. Episode helps me with my reading and writing and the community is very friendly, that’s why I use it. I don’t think that most 13 year olds use the app for my reasons, but they’re certainly not all horny and reckless. (There’s many nice and mature 13 year olds here on the forums that don’t seem horny at all!)

The trending section doesn’t bother me all that much, since I barely ever look at it :slightly_smiling_face:. The section itself could be better, though. There’s heaps of great stories that aren’t just in the romance and drama genre!

I wrote this just in case anybody wanted a 13 year old’s point of view and wished to emphasise with one. I hope I didn’t go off-topic, OP! If I have, you can flag me if you wish.

11 Likes

Your not off-topic. I appreciate your input and point of view.

1 Like

Thank you!

This was so me when I was 13 :flushed:

@xxLoveAaliyah I agree with you, pretty much every trending cover IS the same, if you scroll through the first few, they all look like twins :scream: I don’t think we can fix it though because a lot of readers love this and will continue to love it despite what others say. They make that decision to click on stories with that cover, they’re popular.

Also, yeah, I agree, sometimes kids younger than 13 will go on Episode. It happens with any other thing that has an age rating even though they’re not supposed to. Kids are sometimes curious. I remember playing videogames that had an age rating that I wasn’t over :sweat:

Anyways, I’m totally excited for Amberose’s cool idea :+1:

6 Likes

Really? You definitely seem like you were one of the mature ones!

4 Likes

Nononono, i was a very late bloomer :joy:

Anyways to stay on topic, IMO, I hate to be a downer but i don’t think the trending section will change :confused:

7 Likes

Bump!

Episode just did the unspeakable. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

yeah we all went through sex ed
if the 13 year olds are reading this is it’s cos they want to
nobody is controlling them, they ain’t innocent

2 Likes

What did they do? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh, lol. Loren deleted her post, but that was in regrades to her post.

1 Like

Its so true almost all of the romance trending section covers has girls crawling on top of boys. I, even at 14 feel uncomfortable seeing them.

2 Likes