How did you feel about episode community back then and how do you feel about it now

I started episode in 2015. I just feel like back then you could actually come to episode without really any problem. People were a bit more nice and honestly the group of friends I had made stories for them and others to enjoy. Now, episode just feels really stressful and toxic.

7 Likes

Same

I relate

and also things have change at my point of view- to worst or to bad in the platform as in the writer portal

1 Like

I agree

1 Like

How is episode like before? I admit i only know about them after the ads but after a while reading the featured stories i decided to write my own stories away from those topics and found it quite a nice experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! Your story is very interesting and unique. I wish there were more out there like that

Same. At one point I would always read from the trending section and nothing more. Im glad i stopped because I’ve found so many wonderful stories from underrated authors.

2 Likes

Forums: seems more toxic than before and more ppl being trolls…

App: way better clothes i like ink and ll but the stories are trashy:
casual sex all the time
abusive jerks/nice guy syndrome
underage drinking
cheesy one liners from dudes tht always work on the MC
Being in “love” after 2 mins

Both: i find a lot of authors to be rude and disrespectful towards their readers(not the ones sending rude fanmails) and respond rude to them as well (but no one talks about tht)

2 Likes

I’ve seen a couple of authors like that. I don’t read their stories just because of some of them can be so rude. Yes, you have your share of readers that are rude but you also have authors as well.

1 Like

I’m from 2016, and yes I agree there have been lots of changes- like the Art Resources wasn’t a thing on the old forums. While I am nostalgic for the ways use to be, I am happy to see that the forums are growing- as I remember like the only super active part of the forums was the Story Game and Role Play many years ago lol

1 Like

People are so quick to judge you on everything. Where did this annoying people came from? There werent a lot of people like this back in 2014. God. I just want people to keep spamming their referral (?) code. I’d rather it than this. Lol.

1 Like

Guess I’ve been in the good side of the community, I’ve only been here for around 2 months and the app for around 2 years (I discovered the forums reeaaally late lol)

I’ve really had no issues except those really annoying spam bots or whatever they are in the forums.
Fortunately I have never met any toxic people.

It is kinda annoying that the common theme that’s ongoing in episode are drugs/ sex/ violence. I mean, I get violence, that’s fine (to a certain extent), it’s kinda equivalent to action movies- but the other things aren’t fine. It’s basically promotion, and a lot of kids are on the app, not really setting up a good example for them.

1 Like

I agree. I just feel like now days there has to be erotic scenes in a story for people to read it. So many stories have violated the episode guidelines, yet they’re not taken down because that’s what readers are looking for now. Honestly, it’s very sad. I don’t really read episode stories a lot any more because of it. If i had a son/daughter i wouldn’t recommend them reading on here or anyone that is 13 and under. The toxic community plus a lot of inapporiate stories is to much.

1 Like

@Sydney_H Can you close this please? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Topic closed by OP request. :smiley:

1 Like