How did you find Episode?! 🥰

Well we all started by reading Episode stories -Mean girls, Emerald, Demi Lovato, Pretty Little Liars, etc. These stories are history of how all of this started.

Some of us started this year, some - last, but some people are here from the beginning.

This is a thread where you can share

When how did you find out about the Episode, community, forums, etc.!
How did you start writing/ reading?
How did you get to know everything?
Who helped you?

My story

I found out about Episode from game adds. :joy: In 2016 this game was showing up in a lot of other games. I didn’t find it interesting. I just thought that it would be another boring story game. But getting older it I wanted to see how it works. The first time I downloaded Episode was in 2017. I really liked EVERYTHING! That became my favourite game! But my mom didn’t like it couse it was taking all my time.

I uninstalled Episode for a bout a year. But came back in 2018. Since then I’ve read about 300 different stories. But in 2020 something changed. Covid came! As my school was online I had some free time to spare.

I’ve always liked coding but everything was so new to me and I was scared. In January 2020 I started writing my first story Colors have power. I completed 10,5 episodes before I started to learn more and more tricks and tips from Joseph Evans and Dara Amarie.

I started my second story about mafia as I really liked that theme back then. The story still isn’t published. (I will publish it maybe next year. :shushing_face:) Then in 2021 I officially joined Episode community. I made an Instagram and started to make friends. As I wanted to get some kind of recognition I tried enjoiyng SWY contest. I wrote a story and published it! Then I couldn’t keep my hands off of next contest DD one. Then I had 3 published stories and 1 unpublished.

Now I’m working on revamping CHP and continuing DD contest one. I never thought that I coud write something but my friends showed my everything from different perspectives!
Kiki :green_heart:

If you want to check out my stories or anything, check my website!

Now it’s your turn!!! Share your written stories and your trip to Episode Community below!

5 Likes

Hey all
Me name Is Lucy
Well I started reading last year
And i am currently on my first story
Slaughtered Tulips
Sadly, no one helped me
Soo I would like to promote my story

Slaughtered Tulips
Love you All <3

2 Likes

Back in 2016 that’s where I joined.

Started reading on my tablet, started writing by checking out Jospeh Evans tutorials on Youtube that was just the beginning for me.

Joseph Evans. No one else but him.

Who helped you?

Joseph Flipping Evans!!! XDDD That’s how I got to know eveything then I came on the forums to find out more. Then I started out with @Dara.Amarie 's tutorials.

Feel free to check out my stories, I have more to be published soon, so stick around:

My Stories

Title: A Prince’s Curse
By: lanafrazer_episode
Instagram: lanafrazer.episode
Genre: Fantasy
Episodes: 5
Style: Limelight
Description: Cursed for eternity, shocked by his betrothed, he will not stop until he finds a solution to end his curse. What will become of his betrothed? Will he find a cure or love?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6490473514205184

:heavy_check_mark: No CC & Limited CC.
:heavy_check_mark: Mini-Games
:heavy_check_mark: No Point-System
:heavy_check_mark: 1 Male MC & 1 Male Love Interest
:heavy_check_mark: Choices
:heavy_check_mark: Advanced Directing
:heavy_check_mark: Setting in Medieval Era
:heavy_check_mark: LGBTQ+ Themes
:heavy_check_mark: Some art scenes will be included.

Cover:

FT: His Nightengale
By : lanafrazer_epsidoe
Genre: Fantasy, Drama, Romance, Action
Style : Limelight
Episodes: 1-3 (On-going)
Description: A servant with a voice of beauty lives in a kingdom surrounded by sorrow and despair. But everything changes when he begins to sing. He’s known as the Nightingale. (Male MC/LGBTQ+)

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6228060213542912

This story contains:

• Male MC
  • Music + Sound
  • Male LI
  • Diversity
  • No CC/Limited CC
  • LGBTQ+ Themes
  • Mini-games
  • Point System
  • Advanced Directing
  • 1 Ending
  • Mature Themes
  • 3 Fairytales (The Nightingale, Cinderella, & The Fitcher’s Bird)

Squad: Unseen Media
By: lanafrazer.episode
Description: A freelance photographer is in search of finding individuals who have the same interests in the media industry. What happens when he meets Tameka, who’s a vlogger?
Instagram: @lanafrazer.episode
Genre: Drama, Family, Action & Adventure
Style: Limelight
Episodes: 3 (on-going)
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4613745272881152

:heavy_check_mark: No CC & Limited CC.
:heavy_check_mark: Mini-Games
:heavy_check_mark: Point-System (first time learning the point system)
:heavy_check_mark: 4 MCs ( All MCs are from The Bahamas)
:heavy_check_mark: Choices
:heavy_check_mark: Advanced Directing
:heavy_check_mark: No Art Scenes/No Romance
:heavy_check_mark: Tappable Choices (first time getting the hang on tappable directing)
:heavy_check_mark: This story will be mainly focusing on family and friendships.

Title: Reveal: A Captain’s Tale

By : lanafrazer_epsidoe

Genre: Drama, Action, Fantasy, Adventure

Style : Limelight

Episodes: 1-3 (On-going)

Description: A blacksmith is on a journey to unfold the truth about his long lost father. What happens when he boards a ship owned by a pirate captain who’s not what he seems to be.

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5599940716986368

• Male MC
  • No CC/Limited CC
  • Romance (ONLY in episode 1)
  • Mini-Games
  • Point System
  • Advanced Directing
  • Art Scenes
  • Choices Matter

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not a forum game. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

I found out about episode from advertisement in 2019. I am currently working on my first story.

2 Likes

I found episode since I was in college, maybe in 2015(?) from advertising
I read Clueless, Pitch Perfect, Mean Girls, Royal Baby, etc. I didn’t remember it has limelight style though.
Since my phone was old, it couldn’t handle the app size anymore so I uninstall it after a year :rofl:
Then installed it again, uninstalled it again.

How I start to write

Since I made webcomic in 2017 for personal or paid in team, and then work for a game studio, I start to like writing so much.
But I didn’t think about writing in episode at all.
Since drawing comic for personal pleasure become impossible with my current job (which isn’t related to illustration at all) I stop (unless someone want to pay me lol), but I have so many story ideas that I want to show visually.

I install episode again in 2021 because quarantine bored me to death, and I was like “Why don’t I write in episode???” I like making animation/ directing, I like writing, I like painting, this platform is just perfect! :ok_hand:
So I start to write in December last year. And it’s so fun, I do it to release my stress in between my main job,

3 Likes

I saw all the ads and stuff back in 2018 and decided to download it a year later. I later joined the forums because I got a link to it from searching up a writing error :crazy_face:

I wanted to start writing since March 2020 but I had no idea where to find the damn writer’s portal, but I found it by accident way later in Sep of the same year

Joseph Evans’s and Dara Amarie’s writing tips and guides, literal lifesavers

Who helped you?

Joseph Evans and Dara Amarie

2 Likes

I discovered Episode back in 2015 through a classmate. I saw her playing the Demi Lovato series and thought it seemed fun, so I downloaded Episode. I actually found it really boring the first time :rofl:, so I deleted it.
A few months later, I downloaded Episode again because of the advertisements I kept seeing and as of then, I became addicted. It’s funny that your opinion can change so quickly!

I started writing for Episode in 2019, where I also discovered the forum. Various Episode YouTubers really helped me learn the basics for coding! :heartpulse:

Little self promo over here, hihi :point_down:

Click here for the LGBTQ+ romance/drama story in INK

Story title: Forbidden Love
Author: Lili Star
Genre: LGBTQ+/Romance/Drama
Amount of chapters: There are 9 chapters revamped for now!
Story description: It’s not easy being forcedly engaged to a prince. Especially not when you fall in love with his gorgeous sister, which is extremely forbidden in your own kingdom.
My Instagram: @lili_on_episode
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4671279079948288
Small cover:

Click here for the mystery/fantasy story in LL

Story title: Imaginary Friend
Author: Lili Star
Genre: Mystery/Fantasy
Amount of chapters: 7 for now!
Story description: Being the most unpopular boy in school, Tyler finally gets himself a friend. A friend with a secret, who nobody claims to see…
Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6562659664330752
My Instagram: @lili_on_episode
Story covers:

2 Likes

Found episode through ads on a different games my sophomore year of high school (I graduated in 2019), found forums after learning how to code my own story.

Learned to code/know everything from watching videos on YouTube by Joseph Evans, Mary D Sava, and Episode Notes. As well as ask on forums

2 Likes

I remember reading Mean girls when I was reallyy young :see_no_evil: But remembered it a few years later, 2020!

How did you start writing?

On my birthday in 2020, I was honestly looking for something to do since my friend couldn’t come over due to covid and I decided to start something new & try coding episode! It’s honestly one of the best decisions I have made

Like most people here, Joseph Evans and Dara Amarie ( and some people on here too!) :sweat_smile:

shameless self-promo

:door: :walking_woman:
https://linktr.ee/becca.writes
Ilysm

1 Like

An ad, and we all know how those ads went :grimacing:
I still remember when they let us write on the phone, I’d write until I could fry an egg on my phone. And I was obsessed with the amazing directing from the kiss list :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I dont know how exactly i found epiosde, but it was in the pretty little liars stage, and my mum wouldn’t let me get it because it was too mature :joy: but i downloaded it when it was at the demi lovato stage… say what you will. I joined forums 2019 maybe?

i started writing 2020 and i still dont know how to code
i didnt.
idk

but yeah rly interesting

1 Like

I use to LOVE Episodes when I first started to read/play it was a game for sure you really did get to choose the stories fate but for some years now the only thing you can choose is what you look like no part of the story is in your control anymore & a lot of the time the author doesn’t want you to change the look of the character as well!! . The game use to be so much fun now it’s all about the gems & rules you can’t enjoy the story like I use to !! They have taken out all the fun parts of the story as it was seen to be to mature for children of the age 13 I don’t know how I. Have seen films that show more than Episodes do. We were informed that a adult version would be released for us adults well that was 2 years ago & nothing!! Other companies have brought out apps doing similar things but not episodes as promised. I’m holding out for episodes to realise their adult version as I know it will be the best app out there but I do play the other apps while I’m waiting.

2 Likes

When how did you find out about the Episode, community, forums, etc.! I’ve played it on and off for years. Joined the forums…fall 2020, I think.
How did you start writing/ reading? First attempts were on mobile creator. Took me several tries to stick with a story and publish one!
How did you get to know everything? I’m a fast learner, I guess? And practice.
Who helped you? Dara Amarie! She’s a queen.

1 Like

This is a pretty adorable story actually :rofl: My older cousin sister and I used to be the bestest of friends and we were obsessed with everything related to barbies, pink, stories etc so one early morning in 2016, She ran to my house to tell me she found an app called episode, this was the year mean girls was released which we were obsessed with. So we went to our aunt’s house and played episode in our aunt’s phone. It was a memorable morning but now she is 22 and doesn’t have time to play episode anymore which sucks but I would do anything to go back to my olden times lmao

1 Like

i don’t really remember i was 13 when i discovered it i probably just saw it on the app store.

1 Like

How did you find out about the Episode: I was playing another game and needed coins for it, so I searched the “free” section and noticed one for Episode. It offered players a certain amount of coins if we downloaded and played two stories from Episode, so I did. Little did I know that I’d soon delete the other game… and Episode would become something that I played on the regular.

As for the forums, well I was intrigued by the “community” tab on the portal… so I clicked it and landed here.

1 Like

Saw my friend in middle school in 2016 playing it, and I asked her what the app was. She said it was Episode, and I downloaded it on the app.

I got inspired by other high school stories on Episode to create my own, and it was so cringey. A bad boy LI, a blonde mean girl, and I don’t think I was planning to develop the MC’s new friends or best friend that much. I also started the first episode with waking up in the morning being late for school, so there’s that :joy: I originally wrote most of episode 1 on paper (and I still write down my drafts now)

I got to know a lot thanks to other writers on YouTube and Instagram (not related to Episode), and I’m still learning coding by Tal Gordin and Joseph Evans.

So yeah, there’s my story.

2 Likes

i don’t know to be fair.
started writing 2020 (its a work in progress till)
started reading oh god like 2015?
I made mistakes. a lot of them and i’m still learning (i dont know how my trust level is so low if i’ve been on the forums for yonks)

1 Like

I found Episode through an advertisement. The trailer was authentic, compared to those overused “I bet you can’t finish this” tropes. So I gave it a try. And my oh my, it is one of its own kind.

I started reading as a naive, lost sheep in the greenfield. I literally bought into everything I read, that being featured stories because… Back in late 2019, 40 something featured story chapters are required to unlock everything.

I started writing after reading some action stories that reminded me of my own script (it was formed out of thin air where I had no intentions of making real), and I think it was a story from E Walker? It was a long time ago, the author herself retired from Episode back then.

I started coding with the blessing of Episode’s Messiah- I mean, Joseph Evans. Other than that, I bumped here and there for a while until I got a grasp onto writing.
It only started in 2021, where I was bored and been reading for a while back then. A friend-author of mine on the app (she’s more active on IG) encouraged me to write. So I did.

The original script is still there, though a lot of things would’ve changed by the time I revisit it in the near future. I’m leaving that one in the fridge to marinate as it has all my heart and soul in it.

I have two published stories, one being my solo (Rogue-7) and another being an SWY collab (Closer Than Two Magnets).

1 Like