How did you learn how to start digital drawing?

Hey guys I have a question. I recently bought a apple pen and a iPad, does anyone have any tips on how to start drawing? Oh also I downloaded Procreate

1 Like

If you’re completely new to digital drawing tools, I’d start by looking up some tutorials on YouTube to get familiar with the different features

When it comes to actually drawing, the annoying answer is that there really isn’t any wrong way to use Procreate :smile: Instagram and other social media is also a nice way to get new ideas how to use Procreate, as there are tons of users out there who share their progress

I personally enjoy being able to use layers and clipping masks and so on, and being able to undo mistakes :sweat_smile: I’m not an expert, but if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me here or on my art insta @guldblaek :blush:

1 Like

Honestly I learned drawing from editing episode characters…from that I learned basic shadong and kind of anatomy to which I tried my own style. I mean it took 5 years to develop to that because I don’t quite have tge attention span for tutorials but I definitely recommend tutorials!

It also depends what kind of digital art you’re looking to create.

2 Likes

I’d recommend trying out simple exercises to get used to the tools and experimenting with different brush styles. YouTube tutorials are a goldmine for learning specific techniques.

1 Like
  • Learn from others: Study traditional art and learn from other digital artists.
  • Practice basic shapes: Drawing basic shapes like circles, squares, and triangles can help you develop your hand-eye coordination and get used to the tools in your software.
  • Experiment with different hand positions: Try different hand positions.
  • Practice and improve with video tutorials: You can find many videos online about how to use the basic tools of digital art software programs.
  • Choose the right software: Choose a digital art software solution that is right for you.
  • Use a drawing tablet: Some say it’s a waste of time to learn to draw using a mouse.
  • Use a tablet and stylus: Some well-known options include Apple iPads with the Apple Pencil (2nd generation) and the S pen for Galaxy tablets.

Here are some other tips for getting started with digital drawing:

• Choose a niche
  • Create a portfolio
  • Find companies to which you are interested in applying
  • Promote your work
  • Network in your field
  • Creative imagination
1 Like