How Diverse is Your Story Cast? Post here and help people find what they want!

I’m noticing that people have no idea what this thread and topic is really about… Just saying.

5 Likes

That’s what I think. It’s like everybody have to look perfect these days and live perfect lives, so we can show it on the social medias, so people can admire how perfect our life is!

But nobody lives perfect lives, at some point everybody struggles with something and when it seems like everybody else have lives in a fairy tale, it makes you feel worse.
I would love to have the opportunity to make some unperfect role models.

3 Likes

I’mma finally post the rest of my cast for the Adventurous entry since…ya know…life is quiet for a few hours ^^

Beltri

^ Mallyn’s best friend <3

Mallyn, Beltri and Aerani have been #squadgoals (sorta) when they were kids ^^

Lieutenant Loha

^ Badass soldier chick ^^ <3 She’s in chapter 2, overseeing the new recruits’ training

Melryn

^ Mallyn’s elder brother, the curator - “he keeps found stuff.”

Commander Shewy

^ She’s Tzeva’s commander

Commander Ieliso

^ He is Lorean’s commander - the commander in Mallyn’s colony

General Guardian Rixo

^ The second man in charge in the corps, and he’s a guardian, hence his title

The corps is filled with soldiers that make up the defensive parts of the military. Guardian is just one of the roles. Lorean is also a guardian. The other roles would be infantry and police <3

General Vanguard Micor

^ The second man in charge in the vanguard - vanguard is the offensive side in the colony’s army consisting of scouts, knights, and cavalry

Micor specifically trained to be cavalry, though he isn’t “General Cavalry Micor” because he didn’t complete that training only, similar to how Lorean didn’t only do Guardian training

And yeah…that’s about it :thinking: I think

8 Likes

awesome cast!

1 Like

I’m in one of those miraculous places where I’m actually INSPIRED to write a new story. I don’t know how long it’ll last, but, I really hope it does. These are some of the characters from the story! Appearances are probably subject to some small changes but will likely stay the same.

The story will be about a trio of siblings (Basil, Chloe, and Sriha), and Basil’s boyfriend, going on a road trip to a beach town for the summer before they go to college. Along the way they get lost, and their car breaks down in a rather idyllic, but, strange town…

The three siblings are all adopted and unrelated, which is why they’re different races.

Sriha, the MC

The oldest (though they’re all technically born within a year of each other) of the trio, pretty much the mom friend. She’s Indian.

Chloe

The second youngest, what you might call ‘rebellious,’ but she’s really not. She enjoys partying and the like, but she actually respects her parents and isn’t all that edgy. She’s mixed race, black (edit: Hatian) and Japanese.

Basil

The youngest of the three, and a bit distant from his sisters (who consider themselves very close), due to being adopted into the family at an older age, and them already having an established bond. He’s not too socially adept all around, but he really comes out when around his boyfriend, Jonesy. He’s Greek/Scandinavian and trans.

Brendon, the potential love interest(?)

As of now there isn’t much about him, and there might be an alternate female version, but this is who I have right now. Brendon is one of the residents of the ‘strange’ town, a kind of socially awkward would-prefer-not-to-interact-with-humans guy. A bit like Newt Scamander from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. He’s Filipino.

5 Likes

Don’t feel like screenshotting LOL
There’s:
Ezra- Korean , popular, a little self-obsessed and makes some bad decisons but is fiercely loyal to his friends. Parents are divorced. Lives with single mother.
Calliope: Cuban/African American- biracial, bisexual, book smart but gullible, jock-ish.
Avery- White, straight, smart, has a poor relationship with her parents and sister, does some shady sh*t. She battles addiction brought on by a need to be the best at everything.
Elliot: Irish-American, artsy, witty, loves his family and friends and tries like hell to hold everyone together.
And without giving anything away : Lilith: character with fluid traits and sexuality, parents are too busy with their own lives and problems to pay much attention, she’s the leader of the group of friends and is, in honesty, not a great friend but the others each see redeeming qualities that make the friendship worth it.

2 Likes

you could’ve just said asian. what is her other ethnicity

3 Likes

Eh, that’s true. But, she’s Haitian.

1 Like

cool. i say that because a lot of people say this “black and ethnicity” and it kinda irks me

4 Likes

Oh, no worries, I understand! I meant it more of as her racial background, as she and her siblings would all be ethnically American as of now.

2 Likes

Bump

I mean I was convinced by Harry Potter and The Fault in Our Stars.

2 Likes

Might post mine…:shushing_face:

I’m still conflicted on the title for the story so bare with me. :persevere: Let’s just say it’s a Fantasy high school story. Credit to Shadow for helping me make the characters.

Shamayla - Black Mage

Half Hawaiian and Half Filipino

Jilaiya - Demon Sorceress

Algerian Descent and Zimbabwean (Her headwrap is covering her horns)

Mika - Warlock

Half Ivorian and Half Kenyan

Brothers - Harry and Tolkien - Shapeshifters

Both Half Native American and Half Ugandan

AnnieMarie - Music Witch

Polish

Faye - Nymph

Filipino and a Quarter Mexican

Veta - Nymph

Half Scottish and Half German

Lara - White Witch

Somolian Albino

Ernaline - Elf Archer

Half African American and Half Black Egyptian

Russell - Warlock

Irish and a Quarter Slovakian

Ulima - Crystal Witch

Half Iraqi and Half Sri Lankan

6 Likes

Diversity? Gotcha.

Main Cast of Mysterious Northview

There are some spoilers…

Aurelia - Warrior, and Rebel against the Dark Empress

Black British lesbian. She’s a strong but flawed warrior, her sister was killed by Venetia. She is very passionate, and is an expert at dark magic. Aurelia meets Melania in the second episode. Her true colors, however, are hidden…

Eleanor Snow - Professor of Cryomancy, and Queen of Stamris

Cryomancer. Her mother cast a curse on Stamris, out of fear due to Venetia’s greed. She later died, and Eleanor had to take over as Queen. Eleanor later became friends with Adelinde.

Adelinde Tremaine - Leader of the Royal Army, Guardian and Princess of Everwich

Pureblood goddess. She’s the middle child in the Tremaine dynasty. She discovered her abilities to protect and aid Everwich as a teenager, joining the sword-fighting team at her secondary school. She was also a part-time coach at Northview University. Adelinde also works with the Royal officers as well.

Cameron Ross - One of Arden's friends

Transgender, and biracial. She’s very good at Potions, Spells, and memorization. She is also in love with Joseph, but that soon goes downhill in episode 4…

Amber Johnson - Investigator

African-American. An investigator with a fresh, new, promotion… And curiosity into the supernatural. She meets Aurelia in episode 6.

Andrew Porter - Second-year student at Northview University

Black and Chinese, but adopted by white parents, hence the name. He secretly works for Venetia, and is given the task of monitoring Arden. He later falls in love with her, but is awakened, then killed by Melania.

Carmine Marino - Head of the Beta Omega Phi sorority. Senior

Italian girl with a strange but dark past. She uses magic as an escape from it. But during her second year, she accidentally killed another student using magic and almost got kicked out. Adelinde gave her a second chance, and ever since then, she’s been friends with her.

Dean Kim Minhyuk - Dean of Northview University

Korean wizard, who speaks 5 languages. He is very protective of Northview University, and doesn’t trust Aurelia. His suspicions were later correct, and because of that, he becomes the new Headmaster at the end— and also a Seer!

Detective Lorenzo Russo - Detective in the human realm

Italian. A strict, cold, but caring detective in the human realm. He knew Arden as a young girl, and is friends with Nayeon’s mother. He used to work as a psychologist.

Diane Schmidt - Sports coach and Professor of Broomstick Travel

German panromantic lesbian. Homosexuals are slowly increasing on campus and in the supernatural realm, and she is a tough activist for LGBTQ+ rights in the supernatural realm. Because of that, many people admire her, but also hate her. Venetia’s crony Jocelyn attempted to kill her once, but Diane revealed how skilled she was in magic and nearly killed her!

Essence Moreau - Extremely powerful sorceress from Everwich

French sorceress from Marseille. She’s introduced, as a supposed friend, but she’s actually working for Venetia. She later becomes possessed by Luna’s spirit, who wants revenge. Because of this, she becomes awakened, but still possessed by Luna, making her extremely powerful and Arden’s ally.

Officer Harris - Sergeant Carroll's bodyguard

Bodyguard for Sergeant Carroll. He’s killed in the second chapter by Jocelyn, during a news conference.

Helena Norris - River's best friend and Arden's roommate

British Demon. She’s very positive and outgoing. She and River have known each other for a long time. She has also secrets, secrets about nearly everyone because that’s one of her abilities… Detecting secrets.

Joseph Morgan - Acquaintance of River, Arden, and Helena, Cameron's love interest

A werewolf, and pansexual. He’s extremely quiet and very observant. But that all changes when he becomes another one of Venetia’s victims, and hurts Cameron, who’s in love with him, horribly. Due to the extreme guilt, he commits suicide.

Lucian Castillo - Demon King of the Supernatural realm, Venetia's husband

Demon king. His marriage to Venetia is quite peaceful, but strange. He can be very controlling, and cruel. Venetia’s family hates him, but he doesn’t care and neither does she. He taught her how to use dark magic and made her the way she is. They also ran away before getting married.

Melania Lopez - Runaway, and Aurelia's new student

Dominican-Mexican bisexual. She got accepted to Northview University after running away from her foster home, where her adoptive father had been sexually abusing her for years. She often uses running as an escape, and enjoys taking walks alone. She is very closed off and distrustful due to her past. She runs away again from Northview and is later found by Aurelia. Aurelia takes Melania to live with her and teaches her how to use dark magic. They fall for each other, and end up in a relationship. Dean Lee doesn’t like the fact that they’re together because of his instincts. Aurelia begins to change over time, though, and so does Melania.

Professor Cheyenne Harris - Professor of Business Administration

Haitian and something else, I forgot. She’s pro-black, takes no bullshit, and is willing to protect her students. She loves and cherishes them. She is also a closeted bisexual.

Author - Me!

Not much to say…

Nayeon James - Arden's best friend, and Fairy Queen

Black and Korean. She is Arden’s best friend, and actually believes in the supernatural realm, and that it exists. She gets taken by Venetia in episode 2, and Shadow possesses her, giving her her hidden power as the Queen of fairies in the supernatural realm. She takes down Venetia, but is later caught by Jocelyn, and awakened. She unintentionally kills Lucas.

Narcissa Sinclair - Professor in Demonic Studies

Renowned demon author. She’s written many books on demons and the supernatural realm. She is planning to become a journalist, but those dreams are put on hold because of Venetia’s Awakening curse.

Hanako Nakamura - Correspondent

Correspondent in the human realm, she is one of the first human victims of Venetia’s Awakening curse. She’s saved by Ryan, the love interest of Arden… Depending on your choices.

Octavia Blackwood - Professor in Spell Casting

A witch. She’s very good at spells, and is also close with Cameron. Lucian often used to sexually harass her, so when she had enough, she snapped and petrified him for a day. Because of this, Venetia distrusts most of the college staff.

Candice Rothstein - Arden's birth mother

The birth mother of Cassandra (Arden). She gave her up because of Venetia’s rapidly growing, violent, but powerful takeover of Everwich. Candice is a full blood sorceress.

River Alcantara - Helena's closest friend, and one of Arden's friends

Black and Filipino. He’s bilingual and Helena’s best friend, since childhood. He knows a lot of dark magic, a large amount, but isn’t evil. His father also knows Venetia, and joined her when he was a child, so Helena’s mother cared for him. He develops bonds with people quickly and is able to understand them easily. He also does a work-study program, as a healer.

Selena Martinez - Transfer student, Potion brewer

A transfer student from Mexico. She practices potion brewing and is extremely caring. She becomes friends with Cameron, and helps her overcome her trauma.

Shadow - A ghost who haunts Northview University

Shadow is simply a representation of what troubles the supernatural realm. She’s also a spirit. She’s very powerful, and gave Nayeon her powers. She is often seen sad, or alone, never really at peace.

Stephaine Tremaine - Goddess, mother of Luna and Adelinde, stepmother of Venetia

The definition of privilege. Luna and Adelinde’s mother, and Venetia’s stepmother. She was very cruel towards Venetia, because she was “impure, low and the product of a selfish whore”. She also made Luna and Adelinde bully Venetia in public and at home. Venetia had enough, and later at the Mancer Gathering, she killed Stephaine and Preston, the king of Everwich.

Sylissa Crassus - Demon, Venetia's birth mother

The birth mother of Venetia, who seduced her father. She would’ve been killed by Stephaine, but thanks to Lucian, she stayed alive. She’s living peacefully in the supernatural realm, and was one of the first people to have the awakening curse tested on, and survived. She helps Venetia regularly.

Venetia Tremaine-Castillo - Antagonist, Demon-goddess, Lucian's wife, Dark Empress, and the new Headmistress of Northview University

The main antagonist of the story. She’s extremely ambitious, flawed and powerful. The daughter of a demon and god, and the wife of a demon king, she has been taught the Dark Arts and is an expert at it. She’s connected to most of the events in the story, and causes the “accident” that sends Arden to Northview University. She also has trust issues, and initiates the awakening curse to take over the supernatural realm and the human realm. Arden and her allies team up and gather together to take her down…

Luna Tremaine - Older sister to Adelinde and Venetia, former Queen of Everwich and original Headmistress of Northview University

Full goddess. She’s also the former Headmistress of Northview University, and is known for being kind. She tried to repair her relationship with Venetia, but Venetia refused to because of Lucian and his wrath. She always tried to help others. She is killed by Venetia in episode 2…

8 Likes

I mean that works too.

1 Like

My story cast is a bunch of people that just exist because people exist so thats pretty “diverse” right off the bat :joy:

Let’s see here.

This is for my Assassins story, this doesn’t include more than maybe 1:4 of the characters it has. Also might contain some spoilers of the characters.

Summary

Huang Fu, alias Jack, Chinese, 39, Asexual

Connor, Deja, Twins, 30, Ghana, straight

Will, 28, Turkey, demisexual

Ethan, American, 25, straight

Anika, 31, Morocco, Straight

Ervin Zoric, Alias Max, 24, Croatia, Bi-sexual

Yasmin, Persian, 26, Gay

Titus, 25, Finland/Estonia, Bi curious

Lucas, 26, Japan/Italy, Gay

Ali, Egyptian, 33, Single, Straight, Germaphobe

Amalia, Pansexual, 25, French