How do authors write so many stories at once?

Hi, so I’ve been really wondering how do so many authors on Episode create stories whilst they’re working on a different story. Do they not lose interest in the other one while working on a brand new one? I HAVE SO MANY STORY IDEAS, but I’m scared that if I start a new one while the other one is ongoing, I’ll lose interest in that one, but I can’t help but have so many ideas popping into my head! Please if you have any helpful support, ideas, tips or opinions, just drop them down below! I’d really appreciate the help!

5 Likes

Honestly I- don’t know myself! But I think maybe they do more than one story cuz- maybe 1. contest ? 2. they want to - try some-thing new! 3. they have a good schedule and everything is planned -out wherever they put their ideas in. 4. maybe they are - kind of los-ing interest in the story they - are writing in? I don’t know! But those are just my opinions.:grin:

But to be honest I don’t really like it as a reader, be-cause I want to read one story first and get it finished so - I can - read other stories they make! But if I really - like two stories from that- author then I guess may-be I can read more then one. hehe :blush::relaxed:

1 Like

Hello, @Cerisontea!
Although I have not published any stories, I think it’s better if you start the first story you want to show, and when you finish it, then start the next one. I think staying focused on one story is the best option. I know it sounds impossible. I have been in this position many times when I am trying to focus. Like you, I have so many ideas, and I sometimes ask myself, “Should I start writing this story? What if my other idea is better than this one?”. But then I try to remind myself why I love my current story and focus on it.

Another option is; Start a story, and when the first season is finished, then start another story. I think this way (keeping the first story on hold for a while) will have the reader’s attention to read the second/final season. Of course, only if the content drive reader’s attention and the end of the first season will amaze the reader (so they keep their interest for the next season).
I hope you will find my opinions/suggestions helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Take care,
Christina<3

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not about story ideas or feedback. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Thank you so much for your response! I actually think your opinion was very useful :smiling_face: :blob_hearts: I already have the worry that if I start another one all my focus will be dropped onto the new story than my current one - especially knowing me :sweat_smile: !

1 Like

Oh, I also noticed on your bio you mentioned you are Greek! The story I am currently working on, the female lead is actually half Greek, half Turkish and have always wanted to add some dialogue of her saying some lines in Greek :blush: If you don’t mind at all, whenever I may need the lines, would I be able to PM you the lines I’d like to be in Greek?

Also thank you again for your previous reply! It helped a lot <3 :grin:

1 Like

You’re welcome <3. Besides, the Episode Forums exists so we can help each other out. Also, I don’t mind helping you. As my bio mentions, I am always delighted to help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was wondering these past few days how I could find accurate lines to use in that language besides using something like google translate, haha! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh wow haha this topic was definitely for me as well… I myself have 3 stories rn and yes 2 were for contests… I don’t regret doing 3 as they are so different that I can switch all the time though I wanna say it is a lot of work like I am not far with them yet but I love being able to switch when I am in a different writing mood as well I have 1 of the stories already written in a document so that’s only coding and the other two are so different I won’t be losing interest :joy: hope this was helpful but maybe it wasn’t at all

1 Like

It’s all about compartmentalizing and organization of juggling writing multiple stories at once. If you keep all of the details separate, then it’s easy to go from one story to the next. I often find that when I’m working on one thing ideas for the next will pop up so I’ll write them down, and then when I hit a block with what I’m currently working on, I can move over to the second thing with the ideas I wrote down. Usually this is a cycle for me.

1 Like

Personally, I find it easier to have the option of writing multiple stories… instead of focusing on just one.
For example: If I only had the one story, [gonna use Foul Play for this example… since it’s the one I tend to lose interest in writing a lot] then I’d spend a month to 6 weeks writing absolutely nothing… and I’d hate that! Because that’s when writers block would become a terrible and constant recurrence.
I like having the option to write multiple stories all at once, that way when I’m not feeling one… or I lose motivation for one, I can temporarily hold off from writing it and move on to updating the next chapter of one of my stories that I do actually have motivation for.
This way I’m always doing something… and never a day passes when I’m not writing. [Unless I’m taking a short break for a few days.]

5 Likes

Ah, I see. Then I guess it just really depends on the writer themselves? Some writers can write multiple stories all at once and others can’t perhaps ? I’d really like to try write another story but I’m worried about the current one, although I haven’t published it yet, I’m just worried I may lose interest in it

Personally, I find it sometimes helps keep the creative juices flowing. I’ve been writing on episode, Wattpad and another app all in the same period as well as working on story projects I have for other plans. I never find it makes me give up on one I start. I always have new ideas, and to just focus solely on one is too confining. Course, I do have a safety net by not publishing ones I’m working on in the background until I am ready, as I find people pushing for updates spoils my freedom to be creative, which I don’t want. I love to write, I won’t sacrifice that enjoyment to rush a story and make it something I’m unhappy with.
That being said, if I have a priority project, I will be stricter with myself and make that my main focus, still switching up every now and again can give a fresh outlook when you return to another piece.
I would recommend thinking it through though before you start multiple stories. If you aren’t the type of person who can hop between characters and scenarios, then stick with one at a time. Yoy can always build the skeleton and plan for a new story in the meantime so that when you are ready, you can dive right in. :blush:

1 Like

I have a story going on and I am planning one myself. I think what some talented planners might be doing is since they have the plot already planned, they code it when they want to. So, brainstorming another one won’t really harm the present one. However, why I started writing the plot of a new one is because I was facing a major writer’s block with my current story. So, I brainstorm a new plot and then come back to the old one. In that way, I got a break and also got some work done.

Hope this makes sense.

1 Like

I actually checked your carrd link just out of curiosity and I was amazed by how many works you have, so many on wattpad too! I found it pretty incredible ! :smile:
I’ll definitely think through it well though before I get into it and work on another story while my other one is ongoing as well. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey girl,

I have written a few stories and write also a few next to each other. I also have one story that is completed. You can work on different stories when the storylines are unexpected, totally different and original. Try to be original, try to make a unique story. Take breaks if your attention to a story fades away. And never force yourself to write. Be honest to your readers and believe in yourself.
When you have a writers block take a break from Episode (or make character outfits), do something else and get back into writing when you feel it’s time to write again. But don’t be scared to write more stories at one moment. You’re here to write, because you like to write and because you like to show your work as an author. Take notes, plan out your story ideas (you don’t need to write out everything in details), but for more than one story it’s useful to take notes (for example character-details, titles of the chapters/episodes of the story and/or credits for each episode). Don’t hesitate to ask me for more advice or help, if necessary over here on PM or on instagram @angelwings_1983.

Love A-W

2 Likes

Thank youu! I’ll definitely have to plan out the story properly before get into it as well. And take breaks as you suggested.
I think your advice was very helpful! Thank you again :smiling_face: :blob_hearts:
If I do ever need any more help at all, I’ll send you a message on instagram <3

1 Like

:joy::joy: Aww :blush: Best of luck with your stories! :grin:

I think it all depends on the type of writer you are. I did my best to avoid writing more than one story at a time simply because it takes me so long to write and code an episode. However, when the Heroic contest came around I entered because I had a great (and as it turns out winning) idea for it. But as a result I’m now juggling two stories. Both are different from one another and I’ve found it does help creatively to be able to work on whatever story is speaking to me at the time. But the downside to that is that there’s longer periods between updates on both now. So I’ve lost any momentum I built up. What I might recommend is working on whichever story idea you feel like, but then perhaps only start releasing one once you’ve got several episodes coded and ready to go. That way there’s less delay and you don’t lose any momentum if you switch to work on a different one. Of course, if you’re really fast it probably won’t matter. I’m just not. :rofl:

1 Like

I think that’s a really good idea :laughing:

1 Like