How do chapter reads work?

Some people say that the first chapter of a story doesn’t count as a read and others say that the last chapter doesn’t count as a read either. Does anyone know how reads work because I’m confused?

3 Likes

its only the first one there dosent count as a read

it used to

1 Like

People do their reads differently, I got this as well, and I told the person I would read the story, I only read 2 chapters, n that person said to me that it doesnt count for reads, and Im like “ppl have lives to live”, I will read the story when I get the chance to …blah blah blah."

That pissed me off, so I finished reading 3 chapters, and that was it.

3 Likes

If u only want to read 1 chapter or 2 chapter or 3 chapters. Let that person know. I dont care how many chapters the story has, make an agreement with the person on how many chapters u want to read, and that person should do the same on how many chapter u read their story so that person can read the number of chapters.

1 Like

that DOES count as a read. U READ their story, which DOES count as read. I dont care how many chapters it is, U READ that person story, and it DOES count as a read.

If people have different views on how read for read should be then thats their view. Other people have different views on read for read. Whether u read 1 chapter, it is STILL a read, 2 chapter, STILL A READ. 3 chapter, STILL. A. READ. :joy:

1 Like

So if you publish 3 chapters, and someone reads all three - you get 2 reads. The third read doesn’t count until the next chapter is published, and then that’s 1 more read.

This is why when publishing, the overwhelming advice is to publish in batches or twos if you can because you’ll get more reads.

3 Likes

Thanks I get it now x

2 Likes

I agree. :raised_hands:t3:

Lol I wasn’t really asking this but I totally get u :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks I just started out on this stuff so I just wanted to clear somethings x

1 Like

I know.I just had to say it, Sorry. :joy:

1 Like

Nah but I totally get what ur saying. I was thinking bout r4r but they aren’t that helpful in the long run and plus it’s bare effort, so I don’t do them. :joy:

1 Like

lol awesome. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.