How do contests work?

Hi! I’m kinda new when it comes to posting stories. I have seen all of these contests like Kiss & Tell or Magicka, and I know what they are about (contests) but I don’t know where they publish when a new constest comes up, or how time do I have to create it, or… I really don’t know anything :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You can know when they announce a new contest because they create a thread in the announcements section (and usually make a post on instagram)
In the thread you can find all the informations you need!

This, for example, is the current Contest

1 Like

Just giving some tips.

Okay, when a new contest is announced, (and it’s maybe announced next month when there is a previous contest going on) and you’ve read everything on the announcement. You start your story immediately or whenever you have time. (That includes planning, backgrounds and overlays, directing, etc.) Make sure you have all of your backgrounds, overlays, and covers ready, as early as possible. So when they are approved you don’t have to worry about anything. Always publish before or on the deadline day, reads will not count until after the deadline. So, let’s say today is the deadline, meaning publish date, so you CAN publish on the deadline day because I know a lot of people got confused about when they should publish, etc. even I got confused.

So, @EtherealWitch mentioned the current contest that is going on, and if you are interested and planning to join the contest, you have enough time to get it done.

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this isn’t about story creation. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink: