How do I continue the story?

Hello there!
You need to understand for yourself what’s important for you the most? Good script directing or good plot. When I was start writing first time, I was scared about all this directing “things”, and my plot not going far than fist 2-3 scenes bcs I was trying to much in script. You may try to directing in Spotlight (as study) . It may help you to spend more time on writing. I think for reader is important to read real good scene than see weird animation for 2 second.
When your plot will turns out pretty good for moving on “nex level”, you may transfer it from Spotlight to Cinematic, bcs you already will have dialogs and main plot. :wink:

2 Likes

I would find somewhere to list your main ideas first, then make a decoy story and play around with the portal. Having coding as a fun little thing that you don’t have to worry about a good plot or anything just watch videos on it, ask questions there is always someone willing to help you on the forums. Make sure you reasearch how to do everything you imagine happening. I have three decoy stories and it really helps. I am not a planner but what really helps me is going onto wattpad as I am someone who loves writing dialougue, I have parts I can take from it and place into my episode script, it makes it much eaiser as I know what I want to happen and to code accordingly

2 Likes

That’s a good suggestion! I’ll try and seek some opinions on my storyline next!

Yeah, that’s a good idea. I’m a bit more interested in doing it on my own, though, since I want to be able to say after it was my own work, but I appreciate the suggestion! I’m writing romance!

I’m going to pm you something really quick, I used it when I was writing my romance story, I don’t know if this is the kind of romance story you’re writing but jic, I’ll send it to you in like 1 minute :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m not particularly opposed to planning out the story, but I’m also struggling with the creativity. I feel like if I plan it out I’m definitely going to change my mind, or think it’s not great anymore as I write. I’m always thinking people won’t like my story because there are so many amazing stories out there with amazing directing and script, and I think I get too much into the details in my head when writing, when some of the best stories seem to be simply lighthearted and humorous. Unfortunately, I lack in that department LOL. I will definitely think about seeking feedback, though. That might be what helps me to continue. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Okay, thanks! I’m definitely considering finding a writing buddy to give me feedback as I go through the responses, because it seems like that is the best way to get feedback and to stay motivated, but I definitely would prefer to learn the directing and write the script all on my own. Honestly, I think it’s knowing what’s next that motivates me because that way the task seems less daunting, and I think I’ll be able to focus on making each episode more special, but the only problem is I’m not really sure how to plan out each episode and all of that. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Okay, I do agree that plot is more important, so thanks for the advice! To be honest, I don’t know what the difference is between spotlight and cinematic since I’m a “newbie” lol. I’ll definitely look into it, though! Thanks!

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll try that! Thank you!

1 Like

Okay, tysm! Honestly, anything is helpful at this point haha

1 Like

I have a thread which include many tips, It probably isn’t what your looking for but it might help you out later so I’ll link it here :))

click this :))

2 Likes

Omg, no this is amazing. I’m saving this. Thank you!!

2 Likes

Ok, I sent it to you :grin:

1 Like

Thanks!!

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I recommend planning out your story first I use www.storyplanner.com it’s really helpful website but if you just want to practice with coding and not the story then just look at tutorials and video and ask the forums for help and have fun with coding and being creative with it it’s honestly fun. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

The difference between Cinematic and Spotlight is storytelling. In Cinematic you need to direct everything on your screen - characters position, what are the doing, where they faced, overlay’s position and music + sounds (if you want to use them on your story). In Spotlight characters “pops up” from screen sides when they talking or doing smth. (My first story will be in Spotlight, but maybe I’ll transfered it to the Cinematic one day!) :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.