How do I create a cover?

Hi, I’m currently in the process of writing my first story and am just about finished with the third chapter. I would like to know how to create a cover for the story on my own rather than getting someone else to do so. Is there a guide or something rather anyone could point me towards on how I should go about this? Or someone to teach me? :0
I eventually want to just commission an artist but I honestly don’t know of many, especially one’s in which I feel their art style matches the mood/tone of my story AND that have their commissions open at the moment haha ^^’
Thanks!

2 Likes

Edited, I think, yeah. Art one would come later and no, I’m not asking how to make actual digital art haha

1 Like

You could try this artists Art
They do commissions and they are open

If you want to make your own cover you have to screenshot the characters, erase the screenshot background of the character and paste the character to another background and edit it. The edit app i like to use is ToolWiz Photos.

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I finally get it now :))

1 Like

You’re welcome :grinning:

1 Like

There’s a few free websites that I like a lot, they’re called Pixlr and Canva! I haven’t made an actual episode cover on these yet, but I’ve used them for a bunch of projects in the past few years. Adobe Illustrator and Indesign are great to use also, but I’m pretty sure those are very pricey.

Gimp is an amazing tool for creating covers and it’s free :+1:t2:

1 Like