How do I get motivated to finish a story?

Hi, I always start a story but never end up finishing them. I always seem to get a new idea and start again. What are some tips?

Well, try to concentrate on the story you’re writing… if you get another idea write it down you can make another story don’t start all over again…

Think about why you started the story in the first place, what makes you love it? What potential does the storyline have?

This is what I do. :slight_smile:

If you aren’t feeling super motivated don’t try to force the creativity. Take a break and allow your inspiration to recharge and eventually you’ll get the kind of creative spark that just makes your writing flow

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

I’m like that too. I have a lot of story ideas inside my head everyday, and I want to write about them all on Episode. In the past 2 years of my Episode writing life, I found myself writing a great story, and then discontinuing it because I kept getting discouraged :frowning: