How do I get multiple characters to face one character?

I’ve been having problems with this for two days now. I asked for help multiple times, and I still don’t get it so I thought I’d make this thread. I’m going to show what my script looks like.
INT. LOVATIN LIVING- DAY
@zoom reset
@cut to zone 1
&NATASHA spot 1.333 207 -55 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND NATASHA faces right AND NATASHA is idle_rear AND MICHELE spot 1.304 117 -31 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND MICHELE faces right AND MICHELE is idle_rear AND MIRANDA spot 1.044 164 171 in zone 1 at layer -1 AND MIRANDA faces right AND MIRANDA is idle
&ASHDEN spot 1.411 157 -124 in zone 1 at layer 5 AND ASHDEN faces right AND ASHDEN is idle_rear AND OLIVIA2 spot 1.361 60 -101 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND OLIVIA2 faces right AND OLIVIA2 is idle_rear AND MICHEAL spot 1.280 278 -48 in zone 1 at layer 5 AND MICHEAL faces right AND MICHEAL is idle_rear

MIRANDA (talk_afraid)
You guys I saw Kamilah today.

Here’s how it looks:

I know that the character Miranda is making dialogue with the multiple characters, but how would I make the multiple characters make dialogue with the one character? I want the camera to be facing the multiple characters like it was for the one character.

Okay, you need to build an entirely new scene.

Find a background for the other half of the room.
Then place all the multiple characters looking forward.

You can either not use Miranda for this half of the scene or place her in front of the the multiple characters so we see her back.

So basically, I can use the same scene, but have the multiple characters at a different zone?

well, not quite.

imagine that you placed a camera between Miranda & everyone else.

the camera captures what is behind the multiple characters (the wall probably) as well as the faces of the multiple characters.

I’m kind of confused on what you mean.

Okay, find a Background to be the opposite side of the room to the Background in this scene.

Place all five characters in front of it facing towards the screen.
When they speak, have it like this.

When Miranda speaks, switch to that scene.

So:
INT. LOVATIN LIVING- DAY
@zoom reset
@cut to zone 2
@MICHEAL changes into Micheal_2
@ASHDEN changes into Ashden_bomber
@OLIVIA2 changes into Olivia_5
@NATASHA changes into Natasha_3
@MICHELE changes into Michele_4
@MIRANDA changes into Miranda_Work
&NATASHA spot 1.333 207 -55 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND NATASHA faces right AND NATASHA is idle_rear AND MICHELE spot 1.304 117 -31 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND MICHELE faces right AND MICHELE is idle_rear AND MIRANDA spot 1.044 164 171 in zone 1 at layer -1 AND MIRANDA faces right AND MIRANDA is idle
&ASHDEN spot 1.411 157 -124 in zone 1 at layer 5 AND ASHDEN faces right AND ASHDEN is idle_rear AND OLIVIA2 spot 1.361 60 -101 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND OLIVIA2 faces right AND OLIVIA2 is idle_rear AND MICHEAL spot 1.280 278 -48 in zone 1 at layer 5 AND MICHEAL faces right AND MICHEAL is idle_rear

And all I have to do is change the characters spotting.

Just make some of the characters face left. You have everyone facing right.

The black hair chick, the platinum blondy, and the one with a bun needs to face left.

CHARACTER faces left

It also helps to make the girl on the stairs face right and left every now and then to make it seem like she is looking around at the audience.

@CHARACTER faces left

“Hey I need to tell you something”

@CHARACTER faces right

“Josy got hit by a bus.”

@CHARACTER faces left

“But she is okay! She just can’t use her phone anymore because it got ran overed…”

@CHARACTER faces right

“By the… By the bus.”

I see what you mean. In order for the multiple characters to be facing the one character while she’s rear, do I have to switch the camera angle some kind of way?

Nope. Change some of the codes.

Simply change a small code, like this:

&NATASHA spot 1.333 207 -55 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND NATASHA faces left AND NATASHA is idle_rear AND MICHELE spot 1.304 117 -31 in zone 1 at layer 3 AND MICHELE faces left AND MICHELE is idle_rear AND MIRANDA spot 1.044 164 171 in zone 1 at layer -1 AND MIRANDA faces left AND MIRANDA is idle

Then you can spice, by doing this:

@MIRANDA faces left

MIRANDA (talk_afraid)
You guys I saw Kamilah today.

@MIRANDA faces right

MIRANDA (talk_afraid)
Kalimah got hit by a bus.

@MIRANDA faces left

MIRANDA (talk_afraid)
But, she is okay! She just can’t use her phone anymore because it got ran overed…

@MIRANDA faces right

MIRANDA (talk_sad)
By the… By the bus.

Okay, I did that. Instead of the character Miranda talking and facing the other five characters, how do I get the five characters to face her and talk to her?

Just like the example above. See the example of the positions above the miranda example. Where it is in bold needs to be changed like that.

Then with it is time for characters to talk all you have to do is use “talk_rear” animations. There are many of them.

Okay then. Thanks for your help. If I have anymore questions, can I PM you?

Sure! :slight_smile: