How do I get the character to lay on the bed?

Check this thread for basics:

2 Likes

Thank you for linking :revolving_hearts: :smile:

1 Like

I am still confused lol.

You read the basic guide so fast :joy:

2 Likes

My character keeps stopping and I am trying to get him into zone 2

Use Spot Directing so they don’t stop. That’s what i use.

Also refer to this: Tip: Conversion between Main Positions to Spots

If they’re still stopping, show that part of your code.

I did that and he is still in the other half of the screen I don’t know how I made it work before………I am so sorry I am bugging you.

No, u aren’t bugging me, we are all here to help, you can ask whatever u want :heart:

And can you show that part of ur script that’s not working the way u want it to (screenshot it or copy and paste it here)?

This is the first problem I’m having.

First =

1. @cut to INT. YOUR BEDROOM - DAY
    @cut to INT. KITCHEN - DAY
    This is not correct.

You can’t cut to a background. You can only cut to zone within a background. Just write the background without cutting to it.

Do you want her to go from the bedroom to the kitchen?

I want her to walk into the bedroom and show the whole room if that makes sense?

OK, so you just want her to walk into the bedroom, show the whole room and zoom back to where she’s standing, not have her walk across the whole room, right?

that’s right.

Here’s an example:

INT. YOUR BEDROOM - DAY

@ERIN enters from left to screen left
@ERIN is think
@pan to zone 4 in 2.5
@pause for 0.7
@pan to zone 1 in 2.5

P.S check out: "List" of Helpful Threads and "List" of Script Templates (From other threads) and I recommend watching Joseph Evans’ tutorials on YouTube as well as reading the Episode guides. If u have questions, don’t hesitate to ask on this thread: "Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here! or make a thread of your own in the “Directing Helps and tips” category in Creator’s Corner asking a question.

3 Likes

Let me know how it goes :smiley:

Amazing thanks. Second is this

It is:
@ADAM enters from right to screen right

Also u don’t need to spot direct Britney again if u already spot directed her in the scene.

I am trying to get him in the same scene as her and it did not work.

If she’s in zone 2, then make him walk to zone 2 by either using spot directing or regular position (how to do it mentioned above)